Chapter 3

I half expected Greylar to take us to some underground blood spattered drug ring. But his driver, without any direction from the mob boss himself, took us straight to my apartment. I didn't like that he knew where I lived, but I figured if he wanted me dead, I'd be dead by now.

Greylar never let go of my wrist and when the black SUV came to a stop, he shoved the door open and pulled me out of the car. Not gently I might add. I stumbled, barely finding my feet. He was lucky I didn't wear heals.

My apartment door was open when we got to it. I felt my jaw tighten.

How long had this man been ransacking my entire life?

Voices carried from my living room. Male voices. Once in particular laced with sarcasm but still deep and soothing.

The voice belonged to a silver haired man sitting on my couch. He wore a tight fitted grey t-shirt that defined the muscles in his chest and arms. His dark faded jeans fell low on his hips and he had black converse on his feet. His arms were laid out across the back of the couch like he didn't have a care in the world. His face was utterly perfect, all high cheek bones and flawless skin except one dark scar that ran through his lip and ended on his chin.

Blue eyes caught on mine and I forgot how to walk for a moment as I stumbled into my living room, basically being carried by Greylar at this point.

"Fucks sake." He curses me under his breath. I choose to ignore him for once and try to take in the three new burly men in my living room.

Two of them stood near the entrance to my kitchen, heads down. I could make out several guns strapped to their hips and thighs. Guards. They were guards.

"If it isn't the woman of the hour," Silver leans foreword, setting his elbows on his knees as he stares up at me from the couch. "You've had Sin running in circles, darling." A shiver licked its way down my spine and settled in my stomach. I hoped like hell he couldn't tell what an effect his words had on me.

"I didn't do anything, Greylar." I grit out, wrenching my hand from his grasp. Silver chuckles, running a hand through his ashy hair. It had to be dyed.. that couldn't be natural. But fuck, it looked amazing.

"It's not really about what you did or didn't do," Silver stands. "It's that you got yourself wrapped up in our shit. And now we gotta find a way to get you out." He's not as tall as Sin but he still towers over me.

"How am I wrapped up? Just let me go back to my life and you can go back to yours." God I was starting to sound like a whining child and I really hated that.

Silver studies me for a moment, clearly amused, before he sticks his hand out. "I'm Arrow." I like Silver better but okay. I slip my hand into his hesitantly. He looks at Sin. "I like her."

"Don't speak as if I'm not here." I snap, pulling my hand back. Sin laughs this time at the shocked look on Arrow's face.

"Not really the time, A." Sin looks down at me. And I hate it. I hate the way they both stare down at me like I'm some animal in the zoo that needs to be watched and groomed and fed. I'd been taking care of myself for many years now, I was plenty good at it.

I let my head fall into my hands. "I just want to go back to work and back to my life. Whatever you need from me, I'll do it. Please just make this go away."

It's quiet a moment, and my prides already on the floor so I peek up at them. They seem to be having a silent conversation with their eyes. When Sin sees me looking, his eyes harden like he's irritated. So his usual expression.

"2 weeks," He finally says.

I raise an eyebrow. "2 weeks what?"

"You've got a two week quarantine with us," His lips curling around the word 'us'. "Within that time we'll be able to make sure you know nothing like you say you don't, and minimize any further threats that could've caught wind of the transaction."

"I can't take any more time off work, I just got back from vacation." I argue.

"Work from home." Arrow shrugs. "It's publishing, darling. We'll have a guard pick up the manuscripts, and you can forward your emails."

"Can I stay home at least? Stay here? You can chain lock the bloody door, I don't care. Just let me stay home." I ask. Arrow purses his lips and his eyes flicker to Sin who's scanning my face.

"No." Sin decides, wrapping a hand around my bicep. I rip my arm free and his eyes widen just a bit.

"You're being ridiculous." I snap.

Sin leans down, a glower on his perfect face as he puts us nose to nose. "If someone busts down that door and takes you before my men can get here, you're as good as dead." He stands, adjusting his collar. "So no, I'm not being ridiculous, I'm being generous. If you think I want you in my house you're sorely mistaken."

I bite into my lower lip, trying to come up with an argument.. anything. But there was nothing. They'd crossed everything off my list. Squeezing my eyes shut for a moment, I nod once. I feel Sin's hand wrap back around my bicep only to push me towards my bedroom.

"Pack," He says, whipping a phone from his pocket. "You have ten minutes."