Chapter 24

I wake up cocooned in warmth.

There's a heavy arm draped over my waist and a hard stomach pressed against my back. For a brief moment- I don't think anything of it. Then my eyes spring open and I jolt away.

Arrow groans and turns onto his back as I frantically kick away from him. "Fuck, Poison, I was sleeping so good."

"What- when- why were you sleeping in here at all?!" I shove at him with my feet trying to distance him from me.

"It's the only bed on the jet," He grabs my ankles and turns his head to give me a pointed look. "Stop."

"Then get out!"

Arrow grunts but doesn't let go of my ankles. "Who knew you were such a prude."

Red sinks into my cheeks. "I-I'm not a prude! But that wasn't even sleeping that was..."

"Cuddling?" Arrow finishes with a wicked smile. "I've had my fingers in your pussy and you can't even say 'cuddling'?

I wince. If I said it, it was like admitting that it happened and that I let it happen. Admitting that I liked his warmth and his strength pressed up against my back. And I did.

Arrow made everything look so easy. So simple. Like nothing in this world deserved more than a second thought. Nothing was worth worrying about. And I knew he didn't feel that way about everything. I knew he cared about Sin and his position in the mob but everything else seemed so second hand. Like he almost couldn't be bothered. While Sin- Sin was the complete opposite. Everything bothered him. I swear even the look on my face bothered him.

"Shut up," I finally mutter, trying to wrench my feet back. But it doesn't work. Arrow just smirks and yanks me closer. I try to crawl away but he grabs one of my arms and pulls me into his chest. With his other hand, he pulls my thigh over his and I suck in a breath when I feel he's hard. My hands press against his chest, ready to push him back but he dips his head, brushing a kiss against the top of my cheek. I freeze. My entire body going still as his lips linger for a moment longer.

"You know we never got to finish what we started in the car." He whispers, and I force myself not to look up at him. I stare at his chest. Which thank god is covered by a shirt or I'd be in far deeper than this by now.

"What you started." I say a little breathlessly.

Arrow chuckles and it vibrates through my ribcage, sending heat to the bottom of my stomach. "You certainly didn't try to stop me."

He's right. I didn't try to stop him. I was far too desperate for him then. And I was now too. Would I ever not be? Did I want to stop myself anymore? Why should I? What good did I do denying myself?

"Arrow," My voice sounds like something between a plead and a warning.

Arrow's arms tighten. His fingers dig into the hair at the base of my neck. "You shouldn't say a man's name like that." He tugs my head back and pain pulses red alongside pleasure as he runs his tongue down the hollow of my throat.

I'm clinging to him now. My back arching into him as I press the length of my body against his. I can feel him hard between my thighs and I grind my hips against him. He lets out a hiss and I relish in the way he reacts to me.

I lift my head, feeling somewhat drunk as I meet his gaze. His eyes are so beautiful. So blue and pure. Without warning, I push forward and find his lips. He doesn't need any encouragement, he kisses me back hard and fast. His tongue dancing along my lower lip and brushing against mine.

In the moment, everything that they'd done was forgotten. The mob and everything that came with it was a second thought. It was just Arrow. And his lips. And his tongue. And the way his hands felt as they dug deeper into my skin.