Chapter 22

I was frozen.

The room was surprisingly silent. I still expected people to start screaming and running for their lives again. But nobody moved. Bodies were pressed against my back and my sides. I couldn't see Arrow- not through all these people. But I could hear his footsteps echoing in the quiet room as he moved closer to the throng of people.

"Poison," He sings, and a sweat breaks on the back of my neck. "Come out, come out wherever you are."

I don't know what I fear more; Arrow finding me, or not finding me. I can't decide which is worse.

A part of me is dying to catch even a glimpse of his face, his icy hair and those bright eyes. The other part is demanding I bolt out of here right now and never look back.

Arrow's overdramatic frustrated sigh reaches my ears. "You're just being stubborn now," The crowd gasps and I want to crane my neck to see why but I refuse to do it. If I can see him, he can see me. "Don't make me go get Sin."

My stomach drops to my feet and I suck in a small breath. Fucking Sin is here too? Well, of course Sin was here, they never went anywhere without each other. Maybe they really were gay.

Movement catches my eye in the corner and I see my sister and Amber crawling out from underneath their table. They're low enough that they're hidden by the crowd. My sister makes eye contact with me and nods to the door closest to them. I nod back to her.

A part of me knows it's a bad idea. A part of me knows that even if I do get there, Arrow will likely be out the door behind me in seconds. And he'll chase my ass down.

But I crouch low, covered by the throng of people listening to Arrow's ramblings about something. Who knows what he was saying. I was tuning him out now.

My sister got to the door first. Her and Amber waited for me with their backs against the wall next to it. I was still a good twenty feet away. I was trying to go slow and not drive attention to myself. I still did. People stared down at me like I had a death wish.

I motion for my sister to go out the door. She shakes her head. I grind my teeth and weave around another body only to stop dead in my tracks.

"Going somewhere, Poison?"

I squeeze my eyes shut for just a moment before I stand up straight and try to bolt around him. But his arms wrap around my waist and he hauls me against his side. Motioning with the gun he yells: "I found her people! As you were!"

Chaos ensues.

People are running and fighting for the exits again, trying to stay away from the crazy man with the gun in one hand and the woman in the other.

"Put me the fuck down!" I claw at him but he keeps walking like I'm nothing.

"God I've missed that mouth." He mutters.

His response makes me go quiet but only for a moment before I'm struggling again. Shoving at his side and trying to break his death grip.

We're in the back of the bar when he finally let's go. Dropping me to the ground. I basically land on my face. He chuckles as I pick myself off the ground and scramble to my feet. I lunge for the exit but he steps in front of me.

He looks genuinely annoyed now. "Would you just calm down? Give me a damned minute."

"Why the fuck would I_"

"Ivy?!" My sister bursts through the back with Amber on her tail. They're slightly drunk so it's almost laughable the way they stumble in so determined.