Burn out NR

Stressed warning, less eating |
———————————————-

I am so stressed out about all the school stuff that I have to do. I'm trying so hard to get everything done before the deadline but it's getting really difficult.
I was in my room, trying to do my math homework because normally I'm good at it but right now, forget it. I couldn't find a solution for the problem, it just didn't work. 'Why?' Was one of the many thoughts in my brain.
I wanted to give up so bad but I can't. I'm so exhausted, I hardly slept, ate or drank in the last couple days or weeks, I don't know. I let my head fall down to the books.

"Hey sweety, what do you want fo- Y/N, are you ok?" I heard Maria run in my room over to me. "Fine." I mumble. I completely forgot that my mum isn't there and because she don't trust the boys she asks Agent Hill since they know each other. I can't complain, Maria is like an aunt to me and a good friend.
"We both know that's a lie, don't we?" She asks and slowly starts to turn my chair to her while she sits down on my bed. "Maybe." I mumble again as an responds. "Can I get you somehow to answer me with more than just a word? When was the last time you took a break, hun?" 
"I- uhm I-" "Yeah that explains something." She smiles warmly and pulls me out of my chair.

In the kitchen she sat me down on a chair and started making sandwiches. "You know, everyone in this tower but also me are really bad role models when it comes to taking breaks but it's very important, especially for you because you are still not an adult." I nod in response. I know she is right but there is still so much left and every day it's just getting more.
"What on your mind?" "Does S.H.I.E.L.D. still don't have something to read minds?" I smirk slightly at her. "Even tired you still have the cheekiness off Romanoff. I'm very proud." She smirks back.
I only could eat the half of my sandwich, I have lost my appetite for a long time now since everything got so much.
"Maria?" "Yes?" "How do you manage all this? You are a high position in S.H.I.E.L.D. so a lot of paperwork but also you so many Officers and Agents under your command and surly a lot more." "Ok so you are a mini stalker of me, good to know." She smirks and I nudge her. "Natasha ever took you with her by training?" "Yeah, why?" "Can you spare?" "Yeah." "Ok go change and meet me in the trainings room." I nod and run back to my room.

After a few rounds which I obviously lost, she showed me some new tricks. Again she had tackled me to the ground. "And that's how I manage it. To train is my way to cope with all the stress and feelings." I nod. We trained together for an hour then I went back to Math and all the other school stuff. It got easier a bit at the beginning but fast I was back in distress. At least I was done with everything for tomorrow around 3 am so I had 3h of sleep.
The next week went on the same way, I was in complete distress and so so exhausted from it. I tried to train but I just can't find any time for it. Sometimes Maria was there the other time my mum and like always the boys.

Today was different, I don't know why but today I feel different. Walking was like I was doing hard training. I made my way down to my Mum because she is driving me today to school. Half way by the table my head stopped. It was like a bang in my head. I couldn't move anymore, couldn't speak and my view was slower than my head. I couldn't focus on my surrounding and started trembling after that everything was far away from me. I never blacked out but also I wasn't really there.

Natasha pov:
In the last week, Maria told me in how Y/N was feeling and that she asked her how she can cope with everything. This morning Maria was again there but with me this time. We talked about Missions till Y/N came into the room. She has two of her books in her hands and looks like she is dead inside. She just changed her shirt but is still in her Pyjama trousers.

Maria and I both stare at her shocked. On the half way over to the table she suddenly stops. The look on her face screams for help and now I realize that she is trembling.
We both jumped out of our chairs and run over to her. I gave Maria the books and took my daughter in my arms. It was last minute cause her legs give in and otherwise she would have fallen to the ground. I pick her up and together with Maria we run to Bruce.

"Bruce, help. Y/N, I don't know what she has." I shouted. Bruce was in a conference call with Helen while we run in. "What happened?" He asks her but she just stares in the space. "She came into the room then she stopped everything, she just stares at us and starts trembling and her legs give in but by that point I hold her already." I answered him.
"Did something happened in the last few days or even weeks?" "I don't know, no? I was a lot on Missions lately." "She was stressed like really really stressed and from all this she was exhausted. I think she didn't get enough sleep or even eat enough." Maria now told. "Right, you told me, I forgot sorry. That's all my fault, I should have take care of it." Maria puts her hands on my shoulders to comfort me. "It's not your fault." She whispers to me.
"Bruce, do you want me to come in?" Helen asks. She was still online in the conference. "I guess it's a burn out, it's not really my field but also not yours when I'm right. Maybe we should bring her to S.H.I.E.L.D." "Don't, it could be to much and stress her even more. I come in with a good friend. Make sure that the room stays as quiet as possible and no extra stressors so Natasha amd Maria stay with her and the rest out. Bruce keep an eye on her over the camera." With that she logged out.
Me and Maria sit down next her and I softly stroke over her hand.
"Honey, now everything will be ok. I'm here and Maria is here. We are gonna be there for you and we are gonna handle everything else. We are gonna go through all this together. I love you." I whisper into my daughters ear.