ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

Standing only at 5'2 feet, she carried herself with dignity while she worked over 1,300 feet up high tending to the mundane. But she treated the daily humdrum of the 9 to 5 with extraordinary temper.

If a plate could be heard breaking into a million pieces, it was safe to say that she hadn't been the one to drop it. If a client complained about the tardiness of their meal, she would serve them infinite amounts of refills and appetizers out of her own check until the food arrived. But if this same girl received a generous tip, she would always want to refuse it.

She would never, of course, actually do such a thing. Not after learning on her first day the value of her efforts being individually recognized at last.

Navigating two worlds at once, one of them being entirely new, was a complex learning curve. So was navigating the kind of people in that world. If she needed help, she never asked for it. She would've never asked the likes of me, anyway.

No, I was her enemy. Me and all my peers. You may be inclined to call her prejudiced. But in the case that you choose to do so, you should then call me a snob.

I was her enemy.

But I became her ‘knight in shining suit’.

One day, it all came crumbling down.

This book contains offensive language and crude humor not suited for everyone. I do not sugarcoat reality or characters, there are bad people and bad situations in real life, and often times we have no option but to confront them. Literature shouldn't omit it just for the sake of being politically correct. The book deals with prejudice and how it can come from anyone and be directed to anyone, it mainly focuses on antisemitism, especially in the first part.

There is also a big age gap, but the relationship is legal, consensual, and caring (there is no toxicity here! Just people being people and having their flaws which they try to correct. I hate most modern books bc often they are obnoxiously toxic.) Also, this is not a spicy story (there might be one or two steamy scenes in the future but not for now. The MCs take the relationship steady, this is a slow burn after all, and more focused on character growth and humanity, not just physical attraction).

If you are sensitive to these topics this story might not be for you, read at your own risk because there are also mentions of abuse and stuff along those lines.

Take care and thank you if you give this story a chance. Age gaps are often misunderstood. My mission is to normalize them a little more and fight the taboo.

.