⚠️A/N

For those who don't follow me (I recommend you do so you can be up to date with what's going on) and might not be aware:

This book is NOT discontinued, however this version is.

This is my passion project, and it reached a point where I just wasn't happy with a lot of things. This version was always just a first draft, but I realized I literally couldn't continue it. Things didn't make sense for me anymore because I'd already changed them up in my mind so much that they didn't fit in this version.

Phoebe's age is going to change, not by much, but she'll be a little older and instead of a HS senior, by the time she's met Walter she'll have already graduated. She'll start college, but she'll still need more money than she has to completely afford it and that's where Walter comes in. More or less like in this version. But this one was getting too long and we were still just like halfway through of the story.

(If you can help me out to understand how college tuition and how paying for it works in the US it'll be a massive help)

Another thing, Phoebe won't be so blatantly and intensely Anti-Semitic. I'll cut back on her barking a little because I'm scared of ppl accusing me or the book itself of being Anti-Semitic (which is dumb because I'm Jewish) but ppl are TOO sensitive nowadays and think things should be all pink. Well, reality ain't like that. We need to see things like this, things that go on in the world. It's the whole point of the book. And to portray human growth. Not just Phoebe's, but other character's too. Nobody's a saint. People are morally grey. And red flags can be put down for green flags to be raised.

I actually presented the idea to the Park Avenue Synagogue during a Shabbat livestream and they liked the idea. The chat also agreed it's an important thing that should be shown. Someone compared it to the South Pacific musical, in terms of overcoming prejudices.

I'm also thinking that I'll change the narrative to first person present tense. With the practice I've had these months I've realized I'm better at it than 3rd person past tense.

As for the rewritten version, I'm still struggling to find a good, no, not good, PERFECT way to start it. I thought I had something more or less nice, but then watching a writing advice video decided it was a little cliché. Basically, I'm stuck.

I know perfection doesn't exist. But I need this book to be just that. I want to be proud of it. I want it to be on stores' shelves someday.

I know this isn't what some of you want to hear. But it's going to take time.

Either way I hope you don't give up on it, because when it's done, it'll be worth it. And much better than this, which re-reading it, I see how immature the writing sounds. The style is also wrong, not to talk about grammar. Ugh. As a bilingual person who's never had the chance to study English grammar and literature at school (because I've always lived in Spain)  it's really frustrating that I have so much to say but can't quite say it correctly. That's why I need time too. To learn better grammar and syntax.

And I hope one day it will be published for real, and that you'll see it in a book store and grab a copy 🥺🥹

Please leave a comment with your thoughts 🤗

If you volunteer to help somehow, I'd love for you to give me y'all's names through DM so I can write it down and hopefully add you in the acknowledgment and thanks section.