Chapter 2 ~ Cynosure

Cynosure noun

A person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration

Sapnap POV

Skating was one of the only pastimes I had other than football where I could hang out with my friends, namely Dream and Callahan since they both take online classes.

Sure, some people would think they were outcasts because they took school online but I think it's epic. You get to do your work on your own time. Only show up to lectures on call couple times a week and the rest you do on your own. It's way more freedom than normal schooling.

The only close friends that I have at school now though is Punz and Sam who aren't always in my classes which is a bummer. Dream used to be in my class freshmen year before he dropped out but I don't blame him. School was always rough for him and he is doing way better at online courses as he is able to do other things he is actually interested in like coding and programming which we don't have at the school.

Although we had freshmen classes together that isn't how we met, but the summer before. Like I said before, football was one of my, both of our passions and during practice season for our community football team the summer before high school we were in the same club and we just fit and when we got classes together it just got us closer which leads us here. The skate park, yet another thing we have in common.

"Punz, come on do a kickflip." Dream shouted across the skate park.

Punz barked a laugh in return. "Hell no dude. Last time I almost broke my ankle trying."

"What too scared your gonna get hurt?" I taunted with a smirk.

Punz was my best friend at school and we dominate gym class together. He is a pretty chill guy. Parties a lot but is actually pretty smart when it come to certain things and is also on the football team after trying to get him on it for a year. Did I mention he is also very competitive?

"Ha ha. No. I just don't want to have to sit out in next game because of a stupid trick. You know you can't win without me." Punz teased back as he pushed off to do an ollie and go down a ramp.

"Didn't we win before you were on the team?" Sam questioned.

Sam, another one of my friends at school so is probably smarter than all of us combined although I would never say it out loud. Also on the football team freshman year with Dream and I but didn't really get close until one group project we had back in class and we grouped up.

Punz rolled his eyes and escaped our world, doing his own tricks and whatnot as he does when he loses an argument or tease.

"So Sap, how is school treating you this year?" Dream questioned as he skated over to me.

"Eh, alright. Would be better if you were there." I smiled up to him. He is a giant. He and Sam both actually.

"Awh, miss me that much?" He teases with the same smile.

"Nah, it's just boring." I shrug and push off down a ramp, can't let his ego go that high, we all know what happened last time.

I am not the best at ramp tricks but I'm not the worst necessarily. I go down a ramp and then jump onto a railing, skate down there and landing it, something I know I can do without fail and coming along to where Punz is.

"Excited for our first game of the season I'm guessing?" I ask as I skate around him.

He looks over at me with a competitive glare. "Of course. It's our first game of the winning season."