Chapter 20 ~ Fika

Fika noun

A moment to slow down and appreciate the little things in life. 

Karl pov

"Do you want to know who mine is?"

I nod and look over at him.

He blushes and turns away, looking down to our connected hands. He squeezes mine with his.

"Mine is you." He says so softly that you can barely hear it over the wind, or barely even at all. Is my brain playing tricks on me? I can't tell if he actually said that or not and my face starts growing redder by the second. 

"Wait what?" I ask with confusion, but also hope. I want to think that he likes me because then I wouldn't have to hide my feelings anymore but I don't want him to accommodate just because I like him. 

He then brings his face back up to look at me, his cheeks probably as rosy as mine, his hazel eyes looking back at my blue. I quirk my head to the side in silent question and he lets out a push of air, and then a breathy laugh. 

"Don't make me say it again." He says through light chuckles as his free hand rubs the back of his neck and I can't help but look away to process it all. 

Sapnap and I are in a park, we were ditched by the two who made the plans and decided just to wander though the park's forest before doing something else, however we wound up here. We are encased my natures finest trees, bushes, and flowers, but we are sitting on a lone bench together. The atmosphere is not only beautiful but has a touch of magic somewhere in there, something that just feels right for this moment. 

And in this moment, if I am correct, Sapnap just said he loved me. Sapnap, the Sapnap, the skater boy, annoying jock in the back of the class, the guy that I have only known for a few months. He just said he liked me more than a friend. 

I look back up to his eyes, trying to find any mirth or joke, any kind of tell to let me know he is lying or pulling a prank. But there is nothing. 

"So, you um. You like me?" I stutter over my words, confused.

Why would he like me? I'm the weird gay kid in the corner of the room that has a camera stuck in his face or a book. I'm not the most popular or well known, I just come to class, keep my GPA up, and hang out with George and Quackity. I'm awkward, so why would he like me?

Sapnap can see the contemplation in my features, this I can tell when he gives me a sad smile and squeezes my hand again. 

"I thought that was obviously implied." He said, keeping my gaze this time.

"Really?" I question again with a shy smile. 

"Really." He echos with an even wider one, nodding. "I like you Karl." 

Too many emotions hit me at once that I'm startled. Happiness, joy, excitement, love, and relief all shoot through my veins as I jump to quickly wrap my arms around him.

I am twisted into an awkward position since I am still half sitting on the bench but it doesn't bother me as Sapnap wraps his arms around me as well. As my arms stay around him as I dig my head into his shoulder and laugh as full on relief floods through my system. 

Sapnap giggles too, and I can't help but smile even brighter as he is so close to my ear that I can hear it perfectly. I lift my head slightly so that my chin rests on his shoulder and close my eyes, taking a moment to rest in his arms.

"I like you too, nimrod." My voice sounds cheesy with how big I'm smiling as I say the few words, the ones that make him hold me tighter and helps me get into a more comfortable position to stay here for longer.