Chapter 17 ~ Gallivant

Gallivant verb

Go around from one place to another in the pursuit of pleasure or entertainment.

Trigger Warning: slight descriptions of blood and scrapes

Karl pov

"Holy shit it's freezing." I over exaggerate rubbing my arms up and down to try to conserve heat. I forgot how cold it gets nearing winter, although it isn't cold enough to snow here, it is definitely cold enough to be uncomfortable. 

"Here take my-" I don't even let him finish before cutting him off. 

"Nope, keep your hoodie on Sap, you're gonna need it." I smile at him and he rolls his eyes. 

"I will be skating anyways, your just sitting here let me give it to you." He fake pouts and I give him a pout back. 

He has been doing this for the last two weeks, since the Halloween party. Whenever I needed something he would always be there, it was charming but getting ridiculous at this point. He would be freezing without his sweater.

"I'm fine, I'll just cuddle up next to Gogy." I mock gush and curl into George's side. He looks up from his art work before scoffing and going back to it, thankfully not pushing me off for once. 

I smile up to Sapnap in success until I see him taking off his sweater and throwing it at me with a smirk. Skating away quickly so I don't have time to argue with him. I watch him go back to Dream and Punz as I sigh and rest my head on George's shoulder before he shrugs me off. 

I give in and put Sapnap's hoodie on and curl into it, it is a normal size on me but a bit bigger on Sapnap I can't help but notice. He seems to like hoodies that is a bit big for him and I can't blame him, they are as comfy as clouds, being swaddled up in a big hoodie. 

I notice it smells like him and I can't help but laugh to myself and keep the hood up as I continue back to my Maths homework as well. 

If you would of told me two months ago that I would become friends with the skateboard football idiots I would think you were kidding. They were they guys that would laugh at nothing and moan randomly in the back of the class to get some attention, and I mean, I wasn't that far off as they do that still but they are nicer than I thought they would be. 

Dream is a giant sweetie that has both sass when he wants to and a bubbly side when he hangs out in the right crowd. Punz is just chill overall and joins in with the witty banter that we all make. And Sapnap, well Sap is different.

Sapnap has this charm to him that I can't shake, his goofy laughter and smile that comes with it, not to mention his sassy attitude whenever he doesn't get his way, its hilarious. He is both sweet and an absolute idiot, one that I can't help but adore as my eyes gaze upwards from my work and at the other guys doing small tricks on their boards. 

"What are you drawing?" I ask George who is sat beside me still. 

"Mm, whatever really. Just doodling." He shrugs and slumps back into the tree he is leaning on. 

I've never been that artistic in the drawing or painting aspect, I much prefer staying to the pictures or writing when it comes to making up stories. I think that is why film school has such a hold on me for my next step, it combines my favourite things into something that could make good money if I get the chance. 

However, when I think about it I can't help but get sad. Midterms are right around the corner next month and then one more semester and then boom, done high school. It is insane to think about having to leave everyone here to go up to North Carolina for school, it makes me almost reconsider.