Chapter 53 || Percy

Percy's recovery wasn't all bad. After a week of sailing on the Argo II, he was finally taken off all the weird monitors and left to just sit in the bed until they'd arrive at the headquarters. Waking up to Annabeth sitting on the cot next to him wasn't fun, but other than that, they all had a good time on the ship.

"There!" Leo pointed to the gates of the safe house. "I see it!"

The ship zoomed down and Annabeth walked over to Percy, handing him a pair of crutches. "Here. You'll need it."

Grateful for his girlfriend, he gave her a long kiss on the lips, but pulled away before it turned into a full makeout session. Taking the crutches, he slowly crutched across the floor, wincing as his arms and body stung and ached. A movement towards the door made his arm hiss in protest and Percy let out a small gasp of pain.

Annabeth was at his side in an instant. "Are you okay? What happened? Percy, answer me!"

"Whoa," Percy chuckled. "I'm fine, Wise Girl. But do you think I'll be skipping around all skippy after being in the Death Curse? No. By the way, that medicine tasted like gasoline."

"You've tasted gasoline?" Annabeth asked, staring into his eyes.

"Well--"

"We're here!"

Percy could see the doors open and Chiron walked out, followed by some campers, who were curious to see what ship landed. The moment Chiron saw the ship, his expression became stern, but he also looked relieved. Mr. D stumbled out.

"Wha... Why is there a giant chicken nugget over..." he fell onto the floor, drunk.

"Seriously?! He got into the Vodka?!" Chiron groaned before the nine agents got out of the ship, Percy in the very back. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING--oh, hey, Percy--ABOUT GOING OUT WITHOUT PERMISSION?! YOU COULD'VE BEEN KILLED--glad you're okay, Percy--AND THAT WOULD'VE BEEN DETRIMENTAL TO THE OLYMPIAN SOCIETY!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm back!" Percy did a tada mini wave with his hands.

"C'mon, Chiron!" Annabeth sighed. "You would've done the same if you were us. You know that."

Chiron's lips flattened into a thin line before he sighed, nodding. "Go inside. But you guys are on dish duty for the next month."

"What'd you say about a fish booty?" Mr. D slurred, looking up at Chiron with half-open eyes.

"DISH DUTY, not FISH BOOTY, Mr. D," Chiron sighed, exasperated. "Damn, my life is hard."

___

Percy walked into his room, sitting down on the bed. Suddenly, a knock came.

"It's open!" he called.

A child of Hermes entered. "Uh, hey, Percy. This is a package for you."

"Oh..." Percy frowned, but thanked the demigod and took the package.

Attached was a letter, sealed with a golden stamp.

Dear Perseus Achilles Jackson,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Empeiros University! Your application was exceptionally brilliant and we trust that you will do well here at Empeiros. We hope you accept your invitation to enter Empeiros and join countless spies and successful agents in becoming a world renown spy! Such demigods have become billionaires and celebrities by using skillful spying that only we can teach.

- Empeiros University will start on August 17th.
- Dorms should be purchased by July 24th.
- Your acceptance invitation must be answered by June 29th.
- This school is in the city of Olympia and all flights will be paid for by the school.

We hope you enjoy some of the luxury foods we will cater to you tonight for dinner. Also, your portal entry card will be provided according to your answer. Being the son of Poseidon, I'm sure you can find the coordinates.

Thank you,
Empeiros University.

He just got accepted into his dream school even if he was only seventeen. He would be allowed early. And that was a big deal. He stood from his bed, no longer tired. Taking his crutches, he tucked the letter into the pocket of his jacket. He swung himself across the hall until he reached Annabeth's room.

"ANNABETH!"

That's when it hit him. He was studying abroad in Olympia. Olympia wasn't even an existing place. The closest people could get was the skies above Greece. It had to be accessed through the portal in the middle of the Atlantic. The door opened and he saw Annabeth with her perfect blonde princess curls.

"You're looking happy," she noted, smiling. "Are you okay, though?"

Percy, though in his dilemma, smiled. Two weeks after he had waken up and she was still fretting.

"I'm fine..." Percy trailed off, debating whether he should tell her or not. "I just wanted to come by and say that I love you."

Annabeth looked slightly skeptical, but accepted it nonetheless, giving him a long kiss on the lips.

"And you know I love you, too."

"Yeah..." Percy sighed. "I do."

Annabeth smiled before giving him another kiss on the cheek. "I need to finish my house design, but I'll talk to you later, okay? Maybe we can have a small picnic tomorrow as a date."

Percy nodded as she closed the door and he turned away to face the wall. Taking the letter out, he stared at the words written in gold ink made of real gold. Empeiros had the power to change his life forever, regardless of what he did. If he went, he could have the dreams he always wanted...

But what about Annabeth?

She would be so hurt if he chose his dream school over her, right?

Empeiros had a speed-up program that got college done in two years instead of four... That could be an option, right?

But he'd still have to leave her.

"I hate my life," Percy whispered before crutching away.