10/Pills

Caspar and I didn't meet again.  It was not because I was avoiding him nor it was because he was avoiding me.

Long story short,  a few nights ago I walked to the same old bench but it was different. It was same the bench near the lamp post in the park but it was with absence of his presence.

I am relieved.

Relieved that he would not waste another night with me. It was pointless so pointless of him to come every night — even though it was only a total of 3 to 4 nights, to come meet up with me. Given the fact,  that we were complete strangers.

I finally decided to tell my brothers about my struggle with insomnia lately. So I went off to see a doctor and got the note for the pharmacist. It was smart though. Asking for the doctor's prescription first before handing over a bottle of pills which are perfect for overdosing. But,  lately I was not planning to do that again.

So,  I am sitting on my bed and clutched the bottle of pills in my hand. I grab a water bottle and popped one pill,  just one. It it enough to put me to sleep but it is not enough to liberate me. After every pill — one single pill in my history, was not enough to wash away the tiring feeling inside me seeping through my pores and reeked through out every corner of this room.

No wonder I took a dozen last time. 

It is always not enough.