3/Midnight Encounters

I tossed and turned in my bed after a million times. I grunted as I wished that I had my sleeping pills for my insomnia tonight. I took a glance at my phone and checked the time. It was four fifty-two in the morning. I grabbed a sweater and tiptoed my way out of the house. I closed the front the door as silently as I can because I didn't need the annoying remarks of my brothers anymore.

The cold air hugged my body and made me shiver slightly, but I liked the idea of how coldness engulfed my body. As strange as it sounds, it was comforting to my soul. Almost all the streets were completely deserted. The light from the lamp posts illuminated the area and created an eerie atmosphere. It looked liked what complete isolation was. I walked to the nearest park and sat down to one of the wooden benches.

I jammed my hands into my pockets, then exhaled, and created a smoke-foggy like effect. 

I shut my eyes, then a boy, about my age, sat next to me. What is he doing in this park at this hour? What was he thinking about? He looked quite familiar, who is he? The boy's body structure was as high as the empire state building. His blonde hair stood up and added an extra height. His eyes were a deep ocean blue. I found myself lost in his eyes. I looked away to save myself from further embarrassment.

"It's pretty late." The stranger remarked.

"Yeah, it is." I said.

"You look oddly familiar." He said

"Funny, I thought that too." I laughed. I thought of asking his name but I shook it off. That would be a risky decision, of course.

I wonder what Markus is doing at this hour. Is he asleep, or is he having trouble sleeping like what I am experiencing today. 

"I am Caspar, if you are wondering." He smiled.

"Louise... I am Louise." I turned to him.

"So, what brings you here in this park in the middle of the night?" He asked.

"Insomnia." I sighed.

"You?" I asked.

"Work, actually my shift starts at seven am but I woke up too early and now I can't go back to sleep, it sucks." He complained.

I laughed at his remark. It is pretty too early for a seven am shift.

We sat in silence, enjoying each other's presence until I felt an uneasy feeling kicking in. I took a deep breath and held it in as long as I can. I looked at the black void above with little shimmering lights dispersed all over. The moon glistened the morose sky while the clouds provided a fitting mist in the scene. 

After calming myself down, I witnessed the sun slowly pick up to the skies. I stayed with this boy for a quite a long time. The chirping of the birds serenaded my ears. I stood up and thought that it's finally time to return back home.

"I should be going." I said to the boy that sat next to me.

"So soon? All right." He smiled. His face wrinkled when he did.

"Yeah." I breathe.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He hoped.

"Same time?" I took.

"And same place." He guaranteed. 

I nodded and gave him a small smile.

I walked back home with a stupid small smile on my face.

Did I really just agree on a seeing him again?  I barely even know him. All I know his name and that's all. I felt myself slowly get into the zone of curiosity. What is his favorite color? Place? Food? Ice cream flavor? This boy whom I just met made me felt so intrigue.

I want to know you more Caspar. 

More than I want to know myself.