4/Convinience Store

I found myself slowly walking to the park where I met Caspar. My hands felt cold as I held them tightly close to my chest. The street lamps illuminated the abandoned streets. Everything looked so dull and empty.

I felt a huge pit in my stomach as I thought that he might not be there and completely forgotten me. My mind was telling me to turn around and forget that I met him in the first place but my heart says that I should continue my tracks.

A wave of relief washed over me when I saw him sitting on the wooden bench. His eyes stared off to space while his head close to his knees.  I approached him and he immediately noticed.

"I thought you will just ditch." He laughed.

"Me too." I said while I took a seat next to him.

"Let's do something." I suggested.

" Like what?" I asked.

"Come on, Let's go somewhere." He held out his hand.

I shook it off and said, "I barely even know you." I laughed.

"And you might be an axe murderer." He added.

I raised an eyebrow at him and debated if I should go with him.

"Please? This is our chance to know each other better." He pleaded.

I not sure what made say 'yes'. Maybe it was his charm. Maybe it was because he looked trusting. I don't what it was, but here I am, hand in hand with this boy and walking with him to an unknown place. By now I would running away for my life but I didn't.  From all the things I should have done, I didn't.

He led me to a twenty four / seven convenience store. I chuckled for I was thinking that he would led me to a roof top or a cliff. I thought of a lot of places that might be a destination but a convenience store.

"Why are we here?" I questioned.

He held two hotdogs and handed me one. I politely accepted it said, "This could be poisoned." I joked.

"And you can still be an axe murderer." He retorted.

I laughed at his clever answer and took a bite from the hotdog.

"So... Caspar. Tell me some things about yourself."

"Oh wait, I know a fun way! Let's play twenty questions." He cheered.

I nodded as a reply and let him go first.

"Favorite Color?"

"Orange." I answered.

"Yuck why orange? I thought you would choose something like pink."

I laughed at his rude statement. "Favorite food?"

"Pizza." He answered.

"Typical...."

We let ourselves get lost into endless questions and answers. Most of them were quite interesting.

He finished his hotdog and we exited the store. The sun made its presence once more and made the moon barely visible.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Shoot."

"If you are experiencing Insomnia then why are you not taking sleeping pills?" He asked awkwardly.

I looked at my surroundings, avoiding his gaze. I hesitated to answer.

"Forget that I asked that. It was stupid." He ran his hand through his hair.

I let out a deep sigh and said, "Because last time I had my pills I took ten of them all at once."

-

[unedited.]