no shell

RIPLEY'S POV

RIPLEY'S POV

THE DAY WAS finally here. regionals. i wasn't as nervous as the people around me since i've already been to internationals but this was still exciting.

as we walked into the competition we came across a tv with the score board on it. "and we all have zero points." piper pointed out.

"except for miss angelas studio. encore." richelle said, directly at summer who looked away.

while looking around i bumped into eldon and thalia. i missed them so much. even when they trained in studio one i still barley saw them.

"hey guys." i smiled, hugging them both as they greeted me back. "nice shirt eldon."

"told ya." he said cockily to his girlfriend who rolled her eyes.

"and you look beautiful as always thalia." i told the girl who smiled.

"thank you. we can't wait to see you dance." she told me.

"i can't wait to see your routines. gotta go though." i waved at them and caught up with my team

~~

the senior hip hop division was now in motion. the hip hop category was going and my team all stood in the wings, watching the other groups.

we soon all changed into our group costumes and which consisted of army based colors. i wore a army green t-shirt with army shorts, combat boots and a jacket tied around my waist. my hair was half up half down with a bandana tied around my head.

with deep breaths we all walked onstage and got in our spots. there was some pressure but all around the energy was off the charts.

after all the points were tallied the hip hop small group got 90 points so we were chilling in first place.

the contemporary round soon rolled around and we all stood in the wings watching acro-nation.

i could sense the nerves radiating off piper, i just hope she'll pull through.

~~

she didn't pull through. ms angela got in her head so much that she missed her ariel. she then bolted it offstage and out the doors from backstage. i was gonna go after her but finn beat me to it.

i had changed back into my team jacket and black leggings while noah and richelles ballet duet was getting ready.

i stood in the wings watching the other ballet routines when noah me aside as he stood with my sister. "richelle, ripley. we've all been through so much together. ever since the very first star lift and our pirouette competitions in j troupe. and i want you both to know, it was the most amazing thing i could've ever asked for."

i don't know why but this made richelle and i extremely emotional as tears fell from our eyes that i tried to wipe away.

"you've both taught me to stay strong, to never give up, and most importantly be myself."

"you're acting like your leaving or something." richelle said softly.

"are you?" i managed to get out.

"i haven't decided yet."

"wait your actually thinking about it?" we asked in unison.

"yeah. but dancing by your guys side is the most amazing thing ever. so let's go give it our all."

"go kill it guys." i told the two who smiled at me. noah brought us both into hugs and i pushed them to the wings.

there duet was beautiful to say the least. the emotions were top tier and the technique and literally everything was amazing.

~~

"can the dance captions from the top 12 teams take the stage."

with a round of applause, each captain did so as we all waited in anticipation "the three teams making it into the finals are, in first place ms angela's encore dance studio. in second place acro nation. and third and final position is, the next step!"

the joy bouncing of the team was unmatched. we all ran onstage, richelle and i first to reach noah in a hug.

let's just hope the rest of the competition runs as smoothly.