piano man

RIPLEYS POV

RIPLEYS POV

both teams were on the stage as both studio heads made their way over. no one new what was going to happen after encores stunt.

"all right we spoke to an official and the rules state that a tie is broken by a ten person dance." emily told us.

"each team gets two hours to come up with a whole new dance." thalia implied which had all of us in shock.

they all agreed two hours wasn't enough time for an entire new routine. they had apparently flipped a coin so the next step would be using the stage first.

"alright let's start now. guys jackets off." noah directed. "ripley hey."

"yeah what's up?" i asked, tossing my jacket towards the wings.

"wanna help with the new dance. again?" he asked with a smile.

"of course. always a pleasure to choreograph with you noah." i told him smiling.

we immediately got started and our ideas flowed so well together and i new why. we were taking a real story for this dance. noah leaving the studio and leaving us better than ever.

soon our time was up and we left the stage for acronation and took a break before rehearsing again.

i was walking with my sister in the lobby and she bumped into someone and when we both looked up, it was lily. "what are you still doing here?" we asked in unison, a bitter taste in our mouths

"I just had to grab the rest of my stuff." she said and when she went to walk away, richelle stopped her.

"so are you and your mom gonna find another studio to cheat your way to the top with?"

"just so you both know, I was the one that came forward about my mom." she said, taking us both by surprise.

"it was you? you won why would you say something?" i asked her.

"because if I have to cheat to win, then I don't want to win." she told us and with that, she walked away.

"wow. lily's a better person than i thought."

~~

soon it was showtime. we changed into our costumes and all stood backstage. while we all wore black and white, noah wore red.

in a surprise turn of events, summer was pulling a west and was dancing with both tns and acronation. simone was injured so summer took her place.

they were on first and they were actually really good. it was gonna be tough but i have total faith in our team.

once they came off i ran backstage with summer to help her change for our group routine. we had to wear this tricky dress where it was white or black on the outside then when pulling the straps down it turned red.

once summer and i came back to the stage we came together for a huddle and noah began his speech. "ok guys, this is it. this is what we have been working for all year. you've all inspired me more than you know. i love you guys. just go out there and give it everything you go." at this not only did noah start to tear up but so did i.

"the thought of not dancing with noah anymore after we've been dancing together since j troupe which now has been 6 years is crazy."

i met eyes with henry and both new what to do in this sad moment. "Remember not to move too fast" we sung

"If you wanna try to make it last, It's all just a dream in the making" richelle joined in and everyone else soon caught on as well.

even though a lot of them weren't on the team back when noah sung this to the old a troupe, i definitely showed them a few videos from noah's music era.

"Oh, oh, oh, whoa Oh, oh, oh, whoa, When you're on top of the world, And you've got it all figured, When the train rolls up the track, You're picking up, picking up, up the slack Oh, oh, oh, whoa Oh, oh, oh, whoa"

"Wish you well, Wish you well, You'll be mack by the time you come back, I can tell, Put your head a little higher, Show it all off to the world you're gonna set on fire, Oh, oh, oh, whoa, Oh, oh, oh, whoa. one two three noah!"

by now small tears were falling from my eyes that couldn't be stopped. noah had pulled me into a hug, shaking me side to side, making me laugh. "let's kill this." he told me and i nodded, stopping myself from crying anymore. once he convinced me my makeup looked fine we all got into our starting positions.

from beginning to the energy and connection with this team is always unmatched and that made this routine even more memorable. we were so in sync and together and by the audience reactions i could tell they were loving it.

by the end of the dance we were all left in red while noah was in black and left the stage while the applause just got louder.

~~

it was ow time for results. we all stood together as the nerves finally hit all of us. the last time majority of us were at regionals was when we lost. that can't happen again, not this time.

"and the winner of the absolute dance regionals is the next step!"

the amount of joy i felt was to much to describe. the first person i was met with was noah who pulled me into a huge hug. once we pulled apart i just went around hugging all my teammates until i was met with ozzy.

in seconds we were in a kiss and i didn't care that their was an entire audience in front of us. i was to happy.

this was definitely the best day ever and an amazing way to end our story, until next time.