and than there were three

RIPLEY'S POV

RIPLEY'S POV

OZZY AND I walked around the competition venue hand in hand just looking around as we waited for the next round to began.

while we walked we just asked each other random questions and now we're currently stuck on one. "i'm not gonna lie, i'm soft launching it."

"your soft launching losing a limb?" i asked my boyfriend who nodded, making me laugh.

"oh for sure i am." he nodded

"how would you do it?" i asked as we swung our connected hands.

"oh i'm milking it. posting 'no body hit me up i'm not feelin whole today." ozzy said making me laugh.

"i'm not feeling my whole self today." i added making both of us start to die of laughter.

"if it's my leg i'm soft launching it a bit. me under the covers, maybe tho it's just one leg."

"so people can say 'yo where's your other leg at?' or slowly reveal small parts of your body with the blanket."

"gonna be like 'y'all ain't ready for this.' ima be in a wheelchair, take a selfie—"

"but you can only see the top of your legs like your thighs." i guessed and he nodded with a smile.

"yes, it's to my knees and the feets just peaking."

we kept laughing until we stumbled upon my sister, who sat on the floor by the escalator with tear stained cheeks.

"hey, you're not gonna come watch the next dances?" i asked her softly.

"not in the mood." she said flatly while wiping her tears.

"and neither are we." i decided and sat beside her along with ozzy who sat on her other side

"what do you guys want? i don't want to hear a 'i told you so' ripley- or from anyone right now." she told me but that wasn't what i was gonna say.

"i never wanted my sister with elliot. i never liked him. he was jerk when he joined the team and he's still a jerk. an even bigger one after hurting richelle."

"that's not why we're here. i'm your sister and i want to make sure you're ok. I know you don't like feelings and stuff like that— neither do I but you gotta talk about them. you can't sit on this forever, you gotta get past it cause he didn't deserve you anyway. just know, whenever you're ready to talk, i'll be here. with ice cream on hand."

i held my hand out and with a smile she gladly took it. i pulled her up and ozzy gave her a warm smile while holding his hand out. she smiled at the gesture and grabbed his hand and squeezed mine.

~~

i joined my team backstage as we watched encores group routine that was actually really good. we were dressed in our group costume and were due to preform soon. all of a sudden i realized piper was nowhere to be found.

"piper? where'd piper go?" i whispered as emily's head whipped around.

michelle brought the team into a huddle but before they could chant, emily cut it off. no one knew where piper was.

even though emily told us all to stay put, i off in seconds to find piper. "or you know— run off! that works also!" emily yelled, following me.

we ran through the halls until i skidded to a stop, emily hitting my back. "sorry." i said quickly. i spotted piper sitting down a hallways and jogged over to her.

"piper. what are your doing, we're supposed to be onstage right now. why aren't you onstage right now?" emily asked as i took a seat next to piper.

"what's wrong pipes?" i asked softly.

"i can't— i can't. ive been thinking about it a lot. and there's no way i'm doing this dance." she told the two of us.

"piper, you've been nailing this dance. there's nothing to be worried about." i said, rubbing her arm.

"let's talk for a minute. what's the worst that could happen?" emily asked.

"i mess up my aerial. we lose regionals and everyone hates me."

"no one could hate you pipes."

"ok, you mess up. the team does loose. but nobody hates you. you know what you don't have to do the dance piper." emily decided as my head snapped to her. you can't do an 11 person dance with 10 people. "but the next step still looses. or you could go onstage and mail that aerial and we could win."

"i know you wanna win pipes." i said, bumping her arm and she smiled.

"i do wanna win rip." she told me.

"then let's go win this thing." emily told her.

without another thought, i stood up sticking my hands out and piper took a hold of them as i pulled her up and into a hug.

we joined the rest of the team and had another go at team chant. "everybody hands in. tns on three. one two three—"

"no time!" "nope no time!" emily and michelle yelled, cutting us all off as we were due to dance.

richelle summer and i all immediately grabbed ahold of our ropes and everyone else ran off to the wings. the music started and i immediately felt all the energy.

"the amount of chemistry on this team is unmatched."

the music soon faded, the dance came to an end and we all stood in our final poses. when the curtains closed, michelle and emily ran onstage and began to hug us all.

"one two three TNS!"

~~

it was now time for the results. every nerve set in as we waited. i held onto both ozzy and richelles hands.

"ladies and gentlemen. the moment you've all been waiting for, the judges have made their decision. there is a tie. the tie is between acronation and the next step."

that meant encore dance won. this was not the way any of us wanted to end the season.

i couldn't wait for the curtain to close. after changing from our costume we all met back together in the lobby. all of us sat on the floor waiting for the bus. i had my head on ozzy's legs and mine over my dance bag as i played with the hair tie on ozzy's wrist.

"next year oz?" i asked looked up at the boy who played with my hair.

"next year rip." he said sadly.

"ok guys listen up." michelle called to our attention.

"it's time to go. the bus is here."

i lifted my head up, letting ozzy stand. he walked over to the front of my hand grabbed my hands, pulling me up. as we all grabbed our bags we heard angela walking through the lobby with her team.

"this is a misunderstanding. i will be taking this up with the nationals company. we're going to nationals!"

we all paused our movements, suddenly interested in what's happening. "davis, what's going on?" kenzie called to the blonde.

"miss angela bribed the judge and now encore is disqualified." that left us all shocked as the girl walked off.

"wait so if encore's disqualified, what does that mean?" thalia asked.

"it means we compete against each other."