Chapter 29

•Nolani•

I wake up from my nap with a groan and give a big stretch. I didn't nap long but I don't feel as tired now as I had earlier. With a yawn I rise from the bed. I go to Giovanni's en suite and relieve my bladder and wash my hands. I grab my phone from my bedroom and then go to the living room.

When I enter the living room Jade's sitting on the couch talking on the phone.

Her eyes meet mine. "I have to go, I'll talk to you later. Mhmm, bye." She says and then hangs up. "Hello, sleepyhead."

"Hello." I reply taking a seat beside her.

"You look tired."

"Thanks." I say dryly.

"Did you have trouble sleeping last night?" She asks, concern written on her face.

"Yes." I bite my lip thinking about how to approach the subject then I remember Leo's warning about never knowing who's listening so I unlock my phone and type it out in a message.

"What are you doing?" She frowns.

I show her the screen

The house is bugged

Her brow furrows. "Is that why you couldn't sleep?"

I shake my head no and delete the message before typing again.

I kissed Giovanni

Her eyes widen. "What? When?"

"Once as we were leaving the baby shower and again after everyone went to bed last night." I answer her then I type out a new message.

Then we had sex.

"Shit, Nola." She curses.

"I know, I'm weak!" I groan.

So weak but god was it worth it.

"Don't beat yourself up. He's very attractive and he seemed really attentive with you yesterday, he acted like he really cares about you."

My fingers fly across the screen quickly.

But what about what we talked about yesterday? What if it's only to keep me happy and complacent so it's easier for him to look after the babies?

Although with how he was acting today I don't fully think that anymore. He seemed genuinely upset that he hurt me. And last night he was solely focused on me and double checked I was sure I wanted to have sex.

"Well that's definitely a possibility but you won't know until you have them." She shrugs. "For now you need to stop stressing and if that helps you relax, by all means take advantage ." She smirks and I laugh.

I play with the hem of my shirt, contemplating whether or not I should tell her he's the father. I fully trust Jade but I'm not sure if I'm ready to discuss it with someone else yet. I decide to think about it a little bit longer and Jade distracts me with talk of the story she's working on about a Cartel that's trying to take over the streets of New York City.

"They have nine year olds on the streets with weapons, Nola, nine year olds!" She exclaims.

I shake my head. "That's horrible."

How could you allow a nine year old to be part of that?

"It is." Jade agrees. "They don't have sketchy shit going on like that, right?"

My eyebrows raise. "Giovanni?"

She nods.

"Not that I know of. All I've seen is men and women, I couldn't picture them ever allowing that."