Chapter 8

•Nolani•

Jade and I hang out for a while until her boss calls and she has to come into the office. Exactly two hours before 6 o'clock I receive a text that says, 'the bodyguard stays in the car' and an address for Giovanni's Moms house. Giovanni has a such a way with words, I think sarcastically as I toss the phone on my bed. Angelo is not going to like this at all.

I take a long relaxing bath to help calm my nerves. I need the others to be nicer than Giovanni, I need them to make me feel better about my decision to keep the babies and not like I'm making a huge mistake I'll never get away from. I need to know they're going to be a positive influence in the twins lives.

After my bath I apply a minimal amount of makeup and step inside my closet. My closet is huge and packed full of clothes, Since I'm constantly given new pieces Quinn goes through my clothes periodically and donates a huge chunk of them to a local domestic abuse shelter.

I get dressed in a pair of white high waisted tailored suit pants, a white lace corset and a white tailored suit jacket with the sleeves rolled up. I pair it with nude Louboutins, my gold Cartier watch, a gold Tiffany's necklace that dangles right between my breasts and gold earrings. I transfer my stuff over to a white pleated Chanel bag with a gold chain and give myself a once over in the full length mirror.

I decided to go with a suit because that's all I've seen Giovanni wear, so I assume even at dinner with his mother he will be in a suit. I gave it a sexy twist with the corset under the jacket just for something extra. The suit also makes me feel like a bad bitch and I need all the confidence I can muster for this dinner. I take a quick mirror selfie and post it on my Instagram to keep my publicist happy. I'm supposed to post once a day but sometimes I don't take enough pictures to do that or I'm just relaxing at home.

I exit my room and go to Angelo's, knocking on the open door before stepping over the threshold. Angelo is seated at his desk doing something on the computer.

"Yes?" He says, shutting his laptop and rising from his chair.

"I'm having dinner with Giovanni's family in thirty minutes." I state.

His expression grows serious. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

I give him a shrug because honestly I can't say for sure. "I hope so. I want the babies to have a family."

The kind of family I never had.

His brow dips, his mouth dropping into a frown. "Their home will most likely be filled with security, I could easily be outnumbered if something were to happen."

I nod. "I know, it'll be fine though. Giovanni is an asshole but he won't let anything happen to me because that'll put the babies in harms way. I'll be okay."

At least until I give birth, the thought sends a heart wrenching chill up my spine but I push it away.

"I'm trusting your judgment on this." He replies before grabbing his keys off the desk.

I exit the room before he sees the look on my face, my judgment isn't always the best so I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

•       •       •

Giovanni's mothers house is located in the same gated community as his, only four houses down to be precise. Her house is large, more imposing compared to the others and oddly seems a little familiar. The home is made of a brownish brick, the roof a similar color. There's a stone pathway that leads to a set of huge dark brown ornate double doors.