IV

└─────── 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝘾𝙡𝙪𝙗 𝙤𝙛 𝙒𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙙𝙤𝙨 ──➤

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊┊┊┊ · ° ┊┊┊✯ • *

┊┊☽ * ·┊┊ *

┊✯ * · ° °

☽ * · *: ✯:   

:☆ : ☆

┊✯ ° °

Long ago, there existed a brilliant young scientist. By dint of his astonishing genius, he was able to make a number of contributions to human knowledge.

Eventually, however, he became disillusioned with the world. Though constantly showered with praise for the subtlety of his mind, none of his ideas or theories ever received even the slightest support from the scientific community.

"We should not be striving to advance in human civilization, but rather the artificial evolution of humans as a species." That was the only dream he ever had, but not a single person came forward to help him fulfill that dream. Except for one.

One day, when the skies were dark and dreary with hard and cold rain pouring down mercilessly, where the sun no longer shined down to bring the promise of the future, inside a playground was a sitting man, his head down low as his lab coat was soaked.

The man's features, even though you couldn't see them because of his bangs covering his eyes and a shadow overcasting his face, were dark and grim, a copy of the skies that day. Everything that he ever dreamed of was being crushed by his peers, by the people who have given him endless praise for his intellectual superiority. Everything was being cut down because of them.

No one wished to fund his work, and so he funded it himself, but his money was running short and he could barely afford to live in his mansion anymore, no less afford food. The man's life was going downhill faster than he could have ever thought of, and now he's paying the price.

Suddenly the rain stopped pouring down on his figure as only the loud sounds of rain hitting an opened umbrella could be heard with a shadow covering his figure as the unknown person stood before him.

"For a human as smart as you, you aren't that smart when accepting that there's a chance of getting sick." A low and threatening voice said, which was silently muffled, their presence cold and dark, just like blood seeping down a sewer drain after the genocide of dozens of innocent people. Their presence was colder than his heart, and the rain.