The future.

Narrator

     After that night, Naruto and Kakashi's relationship only grew. At multiple times in their lives together they became closer, and more than friends. The day that made their relationship official was the day Naruto successfully defeated Pain. When Kakashi went to carry him home, since Naruto had been exhausted, he confessed his love.

     Surrounded by trees and blanketed in the comfort of a defeated threat, Kakashi says "Naruto... I need to tell you something" while still carrying him on his back. "Yes?" Naruto responds back weakly. "Naruto, I know we've done... affectionate things in the past, but I feel like I've never truly expressed my feeling for you. Naruto, I love you. And I hope... you love me too." Kakashi says with a tinge of nervousness.

     I'm response Naruto just smiles, he thinks to himself "of course I love him, how could I not?" But not saying anything out loud worries Kakashi into saying "but if you don't want to change our relationship as it is now, I'm fine with-" he gets cut of by Naruto, who says "yes, of course I love you too Kakashi I... always...loved" He falls asleep towards the end of his sentence, comfortable on Kakashi's shoulder.

      Later on in time, comes the fourth great ninja war. A terrible conflict where the past came back to obliterate the future. Of course, throughout the war, Kakashi was especially affected. Due to him fighting past opponents turned friends, and past friends turned opponents.

Obito, was admittedly, his first love. Kakashi never truly got over his feelings for him, and Naruto could. Tell.

But, throughout the war Naruto was there as comfort for Kakashi. They were still close, but not as they were before. Although.... That would soon change.

Time change, After the war, Kakashi is named hokage.

Naruto's POV

It had been a while since the last the I got to be with Kakashi, alone. He just recently sent for me, saying that he needed to talk about my status as a ninja. On my way walking to the Hokage's tower, I run into Sakura, who seems to have been waiting for me.

"Hey Sakura!" I say waving, excited to see my friend. "Hey Naruto! Sorry to interrupt you like this, but I heard you were going to see Kakashi... and I couldn't help but come see you" Sakura says with a sly smile. I told her, and Sasuke, about me and Kakashi's relationship during the war, or rather, they found out... since I kissed him to heal his eye.

I get a little embarrassed by her hinting tone, and ask "Yeah, uhh, do you know what he wants? By any chance?" Without trying to sound to desperate, and excited. "Yeah I do, but I probably shouldn't be the one to tell you, since he wanted to tell you personally" she says with a smile. "Anything you wanted specifically?" She asks intrusively.

"What? No, well I mean, not really... just curious, ya know?" I say, a little flustered, knowing what she meant by that. "Okay well, I'll leave you to meet with him, have fun... but not to much!" She says as she leaves. Sakura always was supportive of me and Kakashi, but Sasuke, he wasn't the same.

He was obsessed with me carrying on my bloodline, which considering the state of his clan, I can understand. But eventually he stoped saying things like that. He's not nearly as supportive as Sakura, but he doesn't hate us. And for him, that's saying a lot.

As I get to the Hokage's tower, I'm pretty nervous, but I go up anyway, and meet Kakashi in the tower, alone surrounded by papers. "Oh, hello Naruto! you're finally here, don't mine all the papers." He says with a nervous chuckle. He stands at his seat and says "Close the door behind you... do you know why I called you here?"

He dosent have to say much to make me blush, I respond "No, I don't" meekly, still a little nervous for some reason. He walks around his desk to stand in front of me, Uncomfortably close, and says "I've decided to promote you to Jonin!" With a big smile on his face.

I finally process what he's said, and go to thank him, but before I can even get a word out he puts a finger on my lips. "Shhhh, don't think I'm just doing those either... there is one more thing you need to do to be promoted." He's says, smiling deviously.

__________________________________
Thank you for reading of course, please vote and comment. Sorry for not updating in so long, but I WILL finish this story.