𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔 ~ 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖉

YELENA FELT A FLUTTER IN HER HEART UPON LEARNING HER FAMILY WAS ON THEIR WAY. She did miss them dearly every year, especially her mother. Every child is born to love their mother, just like every mother loves her child. She brushed out her dark hair into its soft waves as Lishay slept on her bed. When she thought honestly though, which was often given her straightforward manner, she wasn't too pleased that Joffrey was coming. No matter how hard she tried, her brother was nothing more than a backstabbing little prat. She sighed. Might as well ignore whoever's company couldn't be enjoyed until they could be ignored no longer. She dreaded the day he would wear the crown. The idea annoyed her so much that for a moment she lost herself to a fantasy in her mind; her on the Iron Throne, a sturdy crown of dark gold atop her head and her Uncle Tyrion beside her, hand of the queen. She shook her head. A queen, a woman who dared wield a sword leading Westeros was a fantastical dream, even for her. Besides, she knew she was meant to be betrothed to Robb anyway, something else she'd yet to figure out how to escape. She liked him alright, but he was her best friend, like a brother to her, and she a sister to him. It felt so wrong, especially when there was another who held her heart...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the door. "Yelena?"

She smiled at the sound of the voice. It was time to go. "I'm coming, Sansa!"

Yelena stood by Lady Catelan's side in the courtyard, wrapped in a northern dress that was somewhat suitable for a princess, but still practical enough for her taste, the blue bringing life to her matching eyes. She chuckled as Arya ran over, a helmet on her head only to be caught by her father. Yelena turned to look behind her where Jon stood, giving him a sly grin and a wink when their eyes met, enjoying the way his face flushed as he looked down.

A look of strong distaste passed over Yelena's face when Joffrey rode in, a look that did not go unnoticed by her little brother, who glared right back at her. She only sighed, directing her attention instead to the carriage and horse riding beside it that brought a smile back to her face.

Her father sat astride the horse, looking serious as ever, but she smiled anyway, even if only a small bit. It felt strange to watch the whole courtyard - including her closest friends - kneel while she did not. It was her least favourite part of being a royalty. She stepped toward her father as he slid from the back of his horse to embrace her.

"It's good to see you, little doe." He told her.

She smiled at the old nickname. "It's good to see you too, father."

His face became serious again as he strode past her towards the Starks, gesturing for everyone to stand. She held her breath, hoping he had no reason to be angry with them. Everyone stood as he indicated them to, remaining quiet.

"Your Grace," Ned inclined his head.

A second of silence passed before the King spoke. "You've gotten fat." Yelena bit her lip to keep from laughing at the irony of the statement as Ned raised his eyebrows, indicating Robert's own bulk with his eyes. After a moment, both men burst out laughing, and Yelena allowed herself to grin as they hugged. "Cat!" the king greeted, hugging Lady Stark as well.

"Your Grace." She smiled politely.

Yelena turned when she heard the carriage doors open, smiling. "Mother!" she rushed into Cersei's embrace, having missed her mother dearly.

"Oh my girl! My sweet, sweet girl!" Cersei held her daughter close for a moment before drawing back to study her face. "You've grown even more beautiful since the last time I saw you."

"Well, what have we here?" Yelena turned to see Jamie Lannister grinning down at her.

"Uncle Jamie!"