𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 ~ 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌'𝖘 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

A/N
Oh my god, there is so much that happens in this chapter because fuck if I was gonna let that last season ruin Dany for me. So here you are, I've changed the ending (hopefully for the better), but HOOOOOLY SHIIIT is this a lot packed into a few pages, so buckle up!

BACK ON DRAGONSTONE THE QUEEN STRUGGLED WITH HEARTBREAK. She'd lost two dragons - two children - and so many more friends. Yelena would sit with her through meals, trying to get her to eat just a little bit. "You can't avenge them if you starve." she reasoned gently. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. She was the only person the queen would see aside from occasionally Tyrion, and even then she would barely speak to him. Yelena would spend hours poring over plans with Jon and her uncle. They could not afford to lose this battle. Every variable had to be accounted for, and lucky for them, Cersei loved to show off her power. They had all the information they needed about the Iron Fleet, the scorpions, the armies, all of it. The princess herself had regained strength and health within hours, just as she'd said.

"All the scorpions are on the gate wall and the Greyjoy ships." Yelena wasn't sure if she was talking to herself or to the other two or maybe just thinking aloud. "If Drogon can hit the fleet and take them by surprise, they'll have time to prepare on the wall. But the scorpions are heavy to adjust and so are the bolts. If he keeps moving, he should be able to take them out one by one without getting hit."

"Or take out the whole wall." Tyrion suggested.

"Yeah..." she sighed. "He can stay low to the water to take out the ships, but the wall is the risky part. The scorpions are hard to move, but they can use the high vantage point to aim pretty much anywhere." she frowned. "Drogon has been hit by one of these before though, hasn't he?"

Her uncle nodded. "When the queen attacked them on the road from High Garden. It was smaller, but it still only slowed him down."

She exhaled softly, putting her head in her hands. "It's a risk... but at least it's a calculated one. I can't see the Golden Company thinking the fight is worth it once they see the dragon and two armies. They'll be the first to drop their swords. Once the Lannister army is alone, they should follow suit. I'll talk to Dany about having the Unsullied clear the streets while I take my men into the Red Keep. I don't trust Grey Worm's vengeance lust after what Cersei did. He might do something rash."

"What about the Mountain?" Jon asked. "I doubt any normal soldier could take him."

She thought about that a moment. "I'll bring some Dothraki as well. They should be able to finish him off."

When they headed out, Jon pulled Yelena aside. "You don't have to go back in there." he told her softly. "I can take the troops up to the Red Keep."

She smiled softly, squeezing his hand. "It's okay. I know that place better than anyone. Hold the city with your Northmen. I'll be fine."

"At least let me come with you."

After a second of hesitation, she nodded. "I'll go get Dany. Go help Tyrion get the boat, we'll be right there."

The queen opted to fly while the others took the ship back to the camp outside the city gates. Yelena did not sleep that night, choosing to spend her time wandering, her hands returning to her blades every few minutes as if to make sure they were still there. Tyrion had returned them to her after her escape, but the memory of being caught vulnerable without them kept her anxious.

Finally morning came, and it was time to strike, the armies waiting at the city gates for a dragon to clear their path, the Golden Company between them and the wall. The bells would be the city's signal for surrender, and she prayed to all the gods that she would hear them. The strike was sudden, and harsh. Roars filled the air and they knew Euron Greyjoy and his fleet were gone. And then the gate exploded. Fire pulsed through the opening, the blast taking out the Golden Company swiftly. Dothraki, Unsullied, Northmen and Southerners all charged forward through the ruined blockade as Drogon rained fire down on the scorpions, disposing of them easily. Grey Worm, Jon, Yelena and Ser Davos led their men through the city, finishing any man who dared attack, not that the Dothraki had left much in their wake. They finally came face to face with the Lannister army, a piteous sight next to what Daenerys had to offer. Drogon swooped low, causing panic in the people still rushing to find shelter before landing on a tower, roaring his fury. There was a silent standoff between the army at their back and the army they faced. And then one man dropped his sword. Yelena blinked. Then another. And another, and another and soon every soldier stood weaponless in surrender.