𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 ~ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉

WHEN JON WOKE TO THE MORNING SUN PEEKING THROUGH HIS WINDOW, it gently illuminated the face of the sleeping girl in front of him. Some of her hair had fallen across her face, and it fluttered softly when she breathed until he tucked it back with a little smile. He'd never noticed quite how tense she often was until now. Of course he'd noticed it in King's Landing, but this was different. She'd lived through so much horror that there was always some sort of guard up when she was awake, even if it was unintentional. But looking at her now, he saw a kind of peace in her features he never had before, and he thought that this was what angels must look like. After a moment, her nose scrunched a bit, her eyes squeezing before they opened, looking straight into his, and she smiled sleepily. "Morning." she gave a little yawn as their fingers linked beneath the sheets, and he suddenly felt a stab of panic. She still didn't know. What if he told her and she took back everything she said before? What if she hated him? What if she felt tricked?

She must have seen the change in his face, because she frowned, squeezing his hand a bit. "What's wrong? Jon?"

He took a breath. "I need to tell you something. It's... it's about..."

"Dany?" she guessed. "She was angry, but I still don't know why."

He nodded, bracing himself before he spoke. "Sam and Bran put it together... I'm not a bastard. I never was. Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen were married in secret, and when he died... she had a son, Aegon Targryen, sixth of his name. But she was dying too. So she gave it to her brother... to raise as his bastard son. She knew King Robert would have had me killed if he found out."

He watched her face change like a lightning strike the minute she realised who he was talking about. He could almost see the gears turning in her head as she worked it out. "Of course..." she murmured. "Your father... I always thought it was strange of him to break such a vow, but he never did. And Dany... oh..." she blinked. "You have a claim to the Iron Throne. That's why she's angry."

He looked down as he nodded. "You can yell at me now." he said softly. "You can leave me. Call me a liar. It's alright."

She was silent for a long moment, and when he finally dared to look up again. She was looking at him like he was the stupidest man in the world. "Gods you're thick." she muttered, then leaned forward to kiss him. He froze in shock, but quickly kissed her back, blinking in confusion when their lips broke apart.

"What-"

"Get it through that thick skull; I don't care what your last name is. I never did. I thought I made that clear the first time I kissed you." she paused for a moment thinking, then wrinkled her nose. "I'm not calling you Aegon though."

That snapped him out of whatever shock he had fallen into, and he let out a laugh. "Well I appreciate it."

She shot him a smile before rolling over to get out of bed and he lay his head back with a sigh. Time to get back to reality.

**Yelena POV**

Again the princess found herself standing at that table, back in her northern gear, watching as Grey Worm removed Unsullied chips from the surface.

"Half are gone." His voice was grave.

"The Northmen as well." Jon added.

"And the Baratheon banners." Yelena slid half the pieces away.

The new Dothraki commander followed suit wordlessly with their chips as Varys added new ones in the south. "And the Golden Company has arrived in King's Landing, courtesy of the Greyjoy fleet. The balance has grown distressingly even."

"When the people find out what we have done for them..." Missandei tried. "That we saved them..."

"Cersei will make sure they don't believe it." the queen sighed, clearly displeased.