𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ~ 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑

THERE WASN'T MUCH YELENA NEEDED TO PACK. She wasn't very sentimental anymore, needing only her weapons, a Baratheon stamp in case she needed to send a raven, and the pendant around her throat. So it didn't take very long for her to find herself in the courtyard, stroking behind Lishay's soft ears as she said goodbye. Unfortunately, she'd lost her wild stallion in the Battle of the Bastards, so now she pulled herself up into the saddle atop a dark brown mare, who seemed ready to run. She appreciated the enthusiasm.

Jon finally stormed out of the crypt, looking slightly murderous, and Yelena gave him a concerned look. He only shook his head; talk about it later. The both of them gave Sansa little waves, before urging their horses forward and out of the gates. Yelena just hoped she'd come back this time.

The trip to white harbor wasn't particularly eventful, but getting there was a different story. As they led their horses through the crowds, Yelena tensed at the sound of a voice behind her. "Well, well, if it isn't the pretty princess." she whipped around to see a familiar and very unwelcome face. "It's been some time."

"You." She growled.

He smirked. "Me."

"Yelena?" she didn't turn when she heard Jon's voice, didn't dare take her eyes off the man before her. He'd almost certainly stab her in the back, given the chance. "Who's this?"

"Don't know." she said darkly. "He never bothered to introduce himself before trying to murder me. Thought you might know better than to come close again after what I did to your friends."

He chuckled. "Oh, my manners. I'm Alaric. But I don't believe you've introduced your brooding friend yet."

"Jon Snow." Jon responded, his voice full of caution and confusion. "Yelena..."

"He's a brigand." she told him. "One of six."

"The last one." he amended. "I hoped to propose a rematch."

Jon stepped forward. "Absolutely not-"

"How about a bet?"

Both men turned to look at her. "A bet you say?" Alaric asked thoughtfully.

She gave a little nod. "I have a single vial of Long Farewell. We both drink half. First to die is the winner. The winner gets the cure."

"So my reward is your death, and your reward is?"

"Your blade." she smirked down at his scimitar. "I've always wanted to try one of those."

Jon looked at her like she was crazy. "You can't poison yourself Yelena!"

She grabbed his arm, tugging him aside. "Look," she muttered. "I've done it before, it's no big deal. Besides, you can't tell me you'd pass up a chance to get rid of someone who tried to kill you for the crown." he still looked hesitant, but she forced him to meet her eyes. "I promise you, I will win." he still looked very uncertain and worried, but he nodded. She grinned as she turned back. "Alright then Alaric. Got any wine?"

***

The princess sat on the railing of the ship as she twirled her new weapon in her hand. Alaric had lasted a while - she'd expected nothing less of a skilled brigand - but eventually her teal moss won out and he collapsed and died.

"You never told me you were immune to poison." she looked up at Jon with a little smile.

"I'm not." She showed him the necklace. "It's filled with Skulking Stickweed."

He laughed. "Of course it is. What else did I expect?"

She set the blade gently on the deck, hopping off the railing and moving to his side. "Nothing less, I hope, from your princess."