𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊 ~ 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑

**Yelena POV**

THE FOUR RODE BACK INTO CAMP, having secured more men, and plotting where to go next.

"Stannis camped here on his way to Winterfell." Davos told them.

Sansa frowned. "And that's a good thing?"

"He was the most experienced commander in Westeros." he informed her. "He chose this place for a reason; those mountains are a natural fortification, there's a stream down there for the horses."

"It didn't save him." Yelena murmured. "Or Shireen."

"We're not staying here long." Jon interceded. "Another storm could hit any day."

"Aye," Davos said. "The snows defeated Stannis as much as the Boltons did."

They came to a halt, dismounting, and Yelena gave her steed a little pat as Jon continued. "We have to march on Winterfell now while we still can."

Davos frowned. "Two thousand wildlings, two hundred Hornwoods, one hundred and forty three Mazins..."

"Sixty two Mormonts." Sansa added.

Yelena sighed. "It's not what we'd hoped for, but we still have a chance if we're careful and smart."

A fight began to take hold behind them, drawing their attention. "Oh, for fuck's sake." Davos huffed irritatedly, striding off to put a stop to it.

"So he's your most trusted advisor now?" Sansa asked as they turned to continue on. Her tone wasn't exactly approval.

"Ser Davos is the reason Yelena and I are standing here talking to you and he served Stannis for years. Still, I trust Yelena just as much." the princess smiled at that.

Still, Sansa didn't seem pleased. "Stannis, who lost the Blackwater, who murdered his own brother, who doesn't have a head?" She stopped. "It's not enough. We need more men!"

Yelena watched guardedly as Jon turned to face his sister. She'd never seen the two fight before, though she was prepared to step in if necessary. None of this would work if they weren't all on the same page.

"There's no time." Jon told his sister impatiently.

"If we went down to Castle Cerwyn, I know that Lord-"

"We fight with the army we have." he insisted, his voice firm and unswerving.

Yelena looked back to see that the fight had escalated. Growling a few un-ladylike words under her breath, she stormed off towards it. "HEY!" she snapped loudly. The men all stopped and glared, but she wasn't the slightest bit deterred. "That's enough! Unless you all want to end up dead meat, we need to fight the enemy, not each other!"

"Who the fuck are you to order me?" one demanded, striding towards her.

"That's not your concern. Don't you all have things to do besides acting like a bunch of angry cats? There's still a battle to be won!"

"ANGRY CATS?" he roared. "Why you-" He took a swing at her, but a hand caught his arm before yanking him back into the mud. Jon.

He glared at the lot of them. "Back to work, and enough of your squabbling! The next person that tries to lay a hand on Lady Yelena faces punishment!" They muttered some, but all began to pick themselves up to return to work. He turned towards her, eyebrows furrowed. "Are you alright?"

She smiled softly. "I could have handled it, you know."

He returned the smile, his eyes brightening a bit. "Oh, I know. But you shouldn't have to. They needed to know you're not to be touched."