𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 ~ 𝖛𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖍𝖔𝖑

YELENA LEFT SANSA TO HER DAYS WITH SER LORACE, feeling she was well enough protected, and that the young lord was a good enough warrior that nothing bad would befall her while she was with him. It turned out the princess had judged well on this particular occasion, which allowed her more time for things like research and training through her days.

Yelena was sharpening her dagger when Sansa burst in, tears running down her face and sobs heaving from her chest. The princess shot out of her seat just as the guards came running in. "I'm so sorry, my princess, she just-"

Yelena waved a hand impatiently. "Just shut up and get out." she snapped. They obeyed, and she hurried to Sansa's side, pulling her into a tight embrace and leading her to sit on the bed. The princess stroked her hair as the girl leaned into her. "Shh," she whispered gently. "It's alright. It'll all be alright." when her breathing had calmed, and her hiccuping sobs had fallen silent, Yelena drew back to look her in the eye, her face full of concern. "Now... can you tell me what happened?" when she hesitated, Yelena only gave a small, sad smile. "I don't want to force you, Sansa, but it's my job to protect you, and more than that, I want to protect you. I want to see you safe and happy. I understand that's not possible here; even the first is only barely possible, but that doesn't mean I won't try."

Sansa took a deep breath before speaking. "Your grandfather, he... he stopped my betrothal to Lorace."

Yelena's mind turned as her eyebrows knitted together. "He wouldn't dare do that to the Tyrell's unless there was a good reason, and if there's a reason, he'll probably have you betrothed to someone else..."

Sansa nodded, though clearly not happy about it. "Your Uncle Tyrion."

The princess froze. "How do you know?"

"He told me. Just before I came here, he told me."

Yelena pulled her in again, rubbing her back soothingly. "It's alright." she murmured. "I'll find a way to get you out of here yet."

She soon found out that Tyrion was not much happier about this match than Sansa, not that she'd ever doubted it. She knew she could trust him though. Probably more than anyone else in this wretched city. And so it was that she found herself sitting with him over lunch, hoping he would listen.

Never one to shy away from what she wanted, she cut straight to the point. "I have to get Sansa out of King's Landing." he blinked, clearly surprised, and Yelena wondered if she truly had changed so much since leaving Winterfell. "I don't know how or when or even who I can trust to help me, but I have to."

"But you trust me." he guessed.

She nodded. "I've known you my whole life, trusted you with my every secret..." her mind flashed back to that night in the north when he'd found her crying in the middle of the courtyard and she told him about Jon, something even her mother didn't know about. "And you've been kind to Sansa. I'm sure you don't want to see her hurt any more than I do."

He shook his head, knocking back a glass of wine. "She's a child." he muttered. "A child who's been through far too much already, and now my father wants me to wed her and make an heir."

Yelena clenched her jaw. She remembered when she'd been intended to be sold off like luggage for an alliance, but at least she knew Robb, and knew him to be one of the kindest people she'd ever met. She couldn't help but wonder how long it would take Joffrey to realise how valuable she'd be to marry off and betrothed her to some stranger. But there wasn't time to worry about that. She had to worry about what was happening right now to one particular girl. "If I ask for your help... would you give it? Provided, of course, that you don't get caught."