PROLOGUE

─────•~❉~•─────

─────•~❉~•─────

THE BAR WAS exactly how she thought it would be. Utterly exhausting. Arwen and her best friend, Melanie, had been convinced by their other friends to go out to a local nightclub with them to celebrate Melanie's 18th birthday; now that they were all of age to drink, they all decided to get pissed drunk tonight. Though, Arwen probably just agreed in the flow of the moment, because now she sat at the bar with Melanie, both looking at their friends' dancing seductively, both feeling just as needy to get out of here.

Sierra seemed to be loving it on the dance floor, moving her hips around with her hands in the air. The other three girls seemed to be attracted to this brunette man nearby, dancing and rubbing up against him. Cringing, Arwen looked at Melanie and yelled over the music, "Can we go!?"

Melanie, the simple blonde with glasses, seemed to be relieved Arwen had asked. Melanie grabbed her purse and got up from her stool, waiting for Arwen to also prepare to leave. Looking over at their friends, both girls had decided silently to just text their friends that they had left later rather than to interrupt their fun.

"That was the most strenuous thing I have ever done," Melanie said, laughter in her tone as she drove her buggy down the highway. "Definitely not going to another nightclub anytime soon."

"Same," Arwen replied, agreeing with her friend wholly and entirely. Arwen has officially checked nightclubs and partying off on her 'I don't like' list along with beaches and humid weather. They got McDonald's on the way home. While Melanie ordered a simple cheeseburger with a coke, Arwen took favour in the fish burger they sold, making sure they added bacon before they brought it out.

"Your taste in food is so weird," Melanie laughed as they pulled into the driveway to their apartment they shared.

"No, you just have the taste of a child," Arwen said, watching as Melanie picked out the pickles from her tiny cheeseburger as Arwen unlocked the door to their apartment.

Melanie huffed. "Fair enough," she said, taking a bite.

After settling into their pyjamas and on the couch, Melanie turned on the TV and put on the Originals. Arwen blinked. Didn't they just finish this?

"Again?" she asked her friend. "I know it's your birthday and all Moo-Moo, but this is the third time."

"Sh!" Melanie grinned, not taking her eyes away from the screen. "It's for my Elijah story!" As if on cue the dark-haired vampire appeared on the TV. Oh, yes, her obsession with Elijah Mikaelson never wavers. 

Arwen was in no place to judge; she often fantasized a lot about various characters across the fandom world. Arwen loved to write, too, so she never missed out on writing a fanfiction about Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher or perhaps Ivar the Boneless from Vikings. Though, it was all just writing practice to Arwen, never an official project like her fictional plans.

Though, despite liking a lot of shows from a comedy-romance anime to a fantasy-horror series, Arwen found it hard to watch The Vampire Diaries. It was very confusing and hard to keep up with, it all went by too fast and dramatically. 

Don't get her wrong, Arwen loved dramatics, anime had it all, but the angsty drama in TVD was something that made Arwen reel back in distaste – nonetheless she still watched it with Melanie, along with the Originals... and Legacies.

Hours passed and the McDonald's had all been devoured and the rubbish discarded. Melanie had fallen asleep on the couch across from the playing TV, and Arwen struggled to keep her own eyes open.

Eventually, Arwen just lost consciousness.

─────•~❉~•─────

(655 words)

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

A short chapter for the beginning to just get the preface of the story out of the way. I hope you like an Australian OC for this story. I'm from Australia myself so I'm closely basing this off from what I know and my experiences. 

So yeah, funny enough, I thought this story up after finding little to none polygamy Salvatore Brothers fanfictions, which is absolutely ridiculous. How does Twilight Volturi Kings polygamy fanfiction top the Salvatore Brothers and even the Mikaelson Brothers? Ridiculous. Author's, make more poly fanfics!

Also, that McDonald's burger she gets? It's really good.

- DUCKY