Chapter 2: Bennett

─────•~❉~•─────

─────•~❉~•─────

SO, ARWEN HAD just listened to something about spirits and shit before letting an elderly actress take her to her role's house while she was acting as Sheila Bennett but without any recording equipment and team around them. Yeah, that's normal. Maybe the old lady is finally losing her marbles. Though, Arwen was definitely grateful for the mocha Sheila had made for her – even if it didn't have milo in it and just some different brand of powdered chocolate. And yes, Arwen was calling the woman by her character's name considering she couldn't remember her name.

Speaking of, Sheila had sat down in an armchair in the loungeroom whilst Arwen gratefully drank her mocha and devoured some premade croissants. The older woman stared at Arwen as the blonde ate, her lips twitching in amusement as the girl tried to not get any crumbs on anything but her plate. She appreciated her efforts.

"So," Sheila began. "Tell me, how long have you been in Mystic Falls, Arwen?"

Arwen washed some croissant down with her hot drink and licked her lips. "Uh, since yesterday morning when I woke up at around 4am, I think. May have been 5. But it's weird because all my phone numbers are gone from my phone and I have no mobile data which makes zero sense since I paid for it last week." She then added, "My best guess is that this is a prank Melanie and Sierra pulled on me and my real phone is in their possession." Yep, that was her theory. Melanie or Sierra switched Arwen's phone with the exact brand – same red-and-black cover with the exact same scratches and the exact same game of thrones sticker on the inside. Yep. Definitely a replica, just like this town.

"You think this is all some elaborate prank on you?" Sheila frowned. "How so?"

"Look," Arwen said. "I get it, you're an underpaid actress whose looking for easy money by collaborating with my friends to pretend I am in the real world of the vampire diaries. Joke is over, it isn't funny anymore..." Arwen trailed off at the warning glare Sheila gave her. "Or not?"

"Please, Arwen, do not waste your breath," Sheila said. "This is no prank or scheme for easy money. This place is real, I am real and so is the magic that brought you to us."

Arwen swallowed thickly. I can almost believe her, she's that intense.

"Okay... so why me?" Arwen asked, deciding to just play along.

"I don't know," Sheila said. "But I trust the spirits. You are a wonderling, brought here for a reasons unknown."

The blonde blinked at the woman. "A wonderling?" she echoed, trying out the word. "You called me that before. What in the world is that?"

"A magical creature known to travel through worlds," Sheila said. "Usually not by choice. In your world this world may be some sort of fiction, but everything thought up in a human mind and brought to life on a TV screen or in a book is not just coincidence."