Chapter 7: The Coin

─────•~❉~•─────

─────•~❉~•─────

WAKING UP TO the girl he had hooked up with trying to sneak out made Damon feel almost beguiled. Not because Caroline had foolishly thought she could leave without awakening him, but because she thought she could leave with a bloody, obvious vampire bite on her neck without being compelled. Damon wasn't such a fool as to let a human walk around town with their memory after feasting on them.

The corners of Damon's lips twitched up when he heard the creaking of the floorboards and the shaky sound of the girl's breathing. Damon always had a soft spot for blondes. It's probably why he had chosen Caroline last night. Its most likely also why he didn't kill that Australian human girl his brother was so attached to. At least, that's what Damon assumed.

The entire night as Caroline basically led the show, Damon had lain there, struggling to block out the sudden flashing images of Arwen from his mind. The colour of her blonde hair which was nothing like the golden blonde of Caroline's (It was lighter and messier, and despite it not gracefully curling around her shoulders like most girls today, Arwen's hair somehow looked perfect) and the unforgettable shades in her fair eyes that swirled like a raging storm, reflecting back with what he could only describe as ice and sharp bladed steel.

Damon desperately tried to envision Katherine, a woman he had been longing for, for so many years, as Caroline bounced eagerly on his cock; he pictured her pretty night gowns and her long, curled, dark hair over one shoulder, and the way she smirked gratifyingly as he finished before she did - but his thoughts kept frustratingly leading back to Arwen with her indelible eyes and her tangled hair and how he pictured the way her behind would move and merge with his hips...

A shivering breath and a slight creak had interrupted Damon's thoughts, and he opened his eyes to see that Caroline, very much resembling a cautious doe, had successfully stalked up to the door and had her hand reaching for the doorknob. The inner beast inside Damon had snapped its fangs eagerly for such easy prey. He almost thought he had his fill last night.

Then, he found himself on the other side of the room in a flash, inches away from the blonde's left as she slowly turned her head towards where the bed was, only to find him gone.

"Good morning."

Caroline whipped her head around with a sharp gasp of fear, her green eyes so wide, so unlike Arwen's that it made the back of Damon's neck prickle in unsuspected vexation. He desperately needed to get that stupid girl out of his head. He needed to stop thinking about her voice, her accent and the way she spoke, he needed to push away how small and comfortably hidden she looked under that tree, tucked comfortably in her black hoodie with a hot coffee in her hand. How her stormy grey eyes, which had somehow taken over his mind, widened in surprise when she realised he was there, and how bitter and discontented he felt when those same eyes sent him a venomous, painful glare on that rooftop.