Chapter 4: Bonfire

─────•~❉~•─────

─────•~❉~•─────

"THE BATTLE OF Willow Creek took place at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," Mr. Tanner told the class, who all seemed to be bored out of their wits. Arwen for sure was.

The blonde had barely bothered in dressing appropriately for school, wearing a simple dark red jumper and black track pants and a pair of sneakers. Her hair was slightly tangled from not brushing it, but it wasn't too bad. Arwen ignored Bonnie's judging look when she got in the car. She was fucking tired and she hated school, so why would Arwen bother dressing up good for it? She was impressing no one. Arwen glanced at Stefan next to her at his desk.

"How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr. Tanner continued. "Ms. Bennett?"

The dark-skinned girl jumped in surprise, not expecting being called out. "Uh..." Bonnie smiled sheepishly. "A lot? I'm not sure, but like, a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett."
The future witch frowned.

Arwen wanted to groan out in frustration but she didn't want the attention, so instead she slouched in her seat, crossed her arms and dug her chin into the collar of her jumper, putting on some sunglasses to hide her closed eyes. Arwen just wanted to nap through this entire class. Modern history fucking sucks, especially when it was about some town she barely knew.

"Mr. Donovan?" Mr. Tanner spoke. "Would you like to use this opportunity to break your jock stereotype?"

Arwen snorted quietly. Sass.

"It's okay Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it," Matt replied, smoothly. The class chuckled.

Mr. Tanner scanned the class before landing on the pretty brunette protagonist of the Vampire Diapers – I mean, Diaries. "Elena?" he called. "Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most historical events."

"I'm sorry," Elena whispered, swallowing. "I don't know."

Mr. Tanner clenched his jaw. "I was willing to be lenient last year due to obvious reasons, Elena. But those excuses ended with summer break."

Jeez-Louise.

"Arwen!"

Arwen jumped in her seat and her glasses fell off. The entire class laughed as she staggered in her seat. Arwen's cheeks turned a subtle pink. She must have drifted off a little because she hadn't noticed Mr. Tanner get closer to her desk.

"Huh?!"

"Sleeping in class," Mr. Tanner said, tautly. "Surely this means you know the number of casualties in the Battle of Willow Creek."

Uh, fuck. Remember, bitch, because this was a funny scene, right? Arwen knew it wasn't a thousand, it was at least in the hundreds somewhere. She didn't know all of the digits but she was gonna just wing it.