Chapter 2 - The Negotiation with Sakayanagi

Pls vote and comment as it gives me motivation to write more!

"Sakayanagi, do you ever feel upset about your physical state?" I asked her while she was preparing some tea.

"A bit insensitive are we? Ayanokoji-kun fufu, it's fine though I don't mind you asking these types of questions to me."

"..."

"It's not anything remotely close to feeling upset, it's more like regret. Why can't I do this... or Oh.. My class could've needed me then, only had I been able to help them physically. I suppose I enjoyed the uninhabited exam exam quite a lot but deep inside, I do wish that I could've been apart of it physically, like actually completing the tasks and objectives. However, my physical state is the card that I've been dealt and I must work around it and do what I can to help in other ways."

"It seems you've been doing quite well with that then, since our  very own class A are ahead of the pack by a fair amount."

"Excuse Me Ayanokoji-kun? It seems like I've misheard something, did you say our  class A?" Questioned a confused Sakayanagi, she had kept her composure nicely but I could tell she was a bit surprised.

"You misheard nothing Sakayanagi, this is what I came here to discuss with you tonight. I have a plan, one that would require me to become a part of your class A"

"A-Ayanokoji-kun, are you sure you know what you're talking about right now?"

"Im dead serious, I want you to hear me out Sakayanagi."

"Very well Ayanokoji-kun, I'll hear out your proposal and I'll tell you my verdict right away. I am reluctant in some ways, because as you know, I've been wanting to have a proper battle with my childhood friend for the longest time now but due to the circumstances, it hasn't become a reality though. Otherwise, I would be more than willing to welcome Ayanokoji-kun into class A, but I would like to hear your reasons."

"Of-course, let me begin then. You may not know this as it's only revealed during a Class A's third year but there is a reward that I am after."

"A reward you say?"

"Yes, it's credible information I received from the previous student council president, Manabu Horikita. The reward is 100 Million yen to the highest contributing students of a graduating Class A and a 25 million yen reward to the rest of the class."

"Oh? That indeed sounds like an interesting reward but is it just for the large sum of money?"

"You're right, it's not just for the money, that's a huge aspect of it but it's more of the ability to grant myself freedom."

"Away from your father right... I supposed I understand, is there anything else?"

"Yeah, after I leave this place, I don't have any intentions of going back to the White Room therefore, that sum of money would be a big help in my separation from my father who plans to keep me in locks as long as he can. If I can gain this sum of money, it would mean a future where I'm able to do what I want, instead of bowing down to him."

"I understand, that's quite the valid reason which I acknowledge, but is there any reason you wouldn't want to achieve this feat with your current class."

"Take a look at my class Sakayanagi, do you truly think it's capable of reaching class A? I forgot to mention this part, but the reward is only given if the class is able to reach 5000 class points. That sum sounds impossible but it is possible, whereas with my current class, it would be delusional for me to even think about, even if I went all out."

"Oh? The 5000 class points part is a major detail, what makes you think my current class A would ever be able to reach that?"

"If my estimation is correct, I can guarantee you that we'll reach that total if I were to use 80% of my effort or above for the remainder of our school life."