Chapter 6 - The Naive Suzune Horikita

Please vote and comment your thoughts as it motivates me to write more!

We walked slowly to a spot where many students didn't populate, I walked along with Horikita following a few feet behind and we both didn't speak a word during the walk. We shortly arrived at the destination and we could now start whatever Horkita wanted to talk about.

"What do you want, Horikita?" I asked her

"I promise you this won't take too long, I just want to have one final conversation to you as classmates..." She said in a hesitant voice.

"Let's hear it."

"Can you at least tell me the reason you've left? I think that'll give me some closure on the subject and I won't have to stay d-depressed for too long."

"Why would you be depressed Horikita? Remember, your brother developed belief in you before he left which means he knew you would do nothing but great things after his departure. Are you not going to show him he was correct in believing you?"

"T-that's true but I still never wanted a classmate of mine to leave. Y-you were basically the first person I truly became acquainted with at this school and I want to say I've been in the most communication with you over the past year. Weren't we friends?"

Hah, if only she knew... I only recently started seeing Horikita as someone who's not in my toolbox anymore as she was getting harder and harder to control. She's more-less all on her own now so to call her a friend wouldn't be an overstatement.

"You wanted to know the reason I left. It's something... I'm sorry but I'm unable to tell you as of now. I will however, tell you after we graduate. Do you hate me for this Horikita?"

"N-no! You have the wrong idea. I'm just upset that's all, I couldn't bring myself to quite hate you even if I wanted to Ayanokoji-kun. I look back at how naïve I once was, when I didn't understand the support you gave me. But now, I'm able to look back at those times and realize I would've been in even worse positions without your assistance. For that, I'm grateful that you've helped me grow so, no. I'm unable to resent you..."

Hm? Is this more development? Something lingered around in my mind which I wanted to ask her, had she not committed those actions, it would lead me to have more belief in her but I wanted to know her logic behind it. Before I could ask, she spoke once again.

"Also, um.. You said you'd tell me the reasoning behind you switching classes after we graduate. I really want to know now but If it really is that important, I won't impose your judgement. I once doubted Nii-chans high evaluation of you but soon after, I saw it for myself. If this is something to save you from your expulsion, then I wish you the best of luck Ayanokoji-kun."

"Since when have you been so understanding?"

"Would you like me to take back my compliment? You really have to always tease me, don't you."

"Well of course, that's always how I've been towards you haven't I?"

"U-mm, so does this mean we won't be in contact anymore after tomorrow?" Asked Horikita embarrassingly.

"As long as it doesn't involve you being in competition with us then I don't see why we have to stop talking. Although, I don't really see why we should continue talking. All we've talked about is business related things, not trivial matters."

"Wow you're blunt aren't you, you're not wrong though."

"By the way, I wanted to ask you something. What made you decide that saving Kushida was a necessity? I made a clear analysis, and determined Kushida would be practically useless for the class after she revealed her true nature. As useless as Airi was, Kushida had no room to grow whereas Airi was about to hit an incline. Your choice forced me into having to adjust and end up expelling my friend."