Chapter 10 - Matchups Revealed

Please vote and comment as it motivates me to write more!

Ah... The potential this exam had to get class points is incredible. With only 3 true fighters in class A, it meant we couldn't dominate all the top spots. Had that been the case, we could've collected rewards for 1st place, 2nd place, 2 semi finalist loser rewards. Making a grand total of 700-800 class points rather than around 600, which would get us near the 1700 point total as a class. 800 would get near that 2000 point mark which would be a huge achievement and would us one step closer to that 5000 point total.

What made this special exam crazy is that there's the potential of getting matched up against your own classmates in later rounds, in a case like that, you would have to determine between each other who's more suited to go on to the next round by either talking it out or fighting for real to decide a winner.

I thought about Ichinose's class and how it seemed to be the biggest disadvantage for this exam, their class is... What would I call it, a bunch of soft people to put it harshly. As collaborative as they are, the power of friendship won't win you a tournament like this and their lack of fire power will be in full display this exam. With just Kanzaki available as the only person with fighting competence, they might throw in Shibata too but that;d be a big risk as there's the chance of him getting eliminated in the first round.

As for Kei's class, they would have Sudo, Koenji, maybe Akito, and just possibly Hirata available to participate. Sudo and Koenji were bound to do good but would Koenji even be participating? Akito is an above average fighter for all I know and Hirata... I don't know but I'm curious to see what Horikita does.

Ryuens class were in good shape, with fighters such as himself, Albert, Katsuragi, Ishizaki, all available. My guess is they'd all be participating since they're all capable fighters.

It was now the next day and the school was quick, very quick to determine it's matchups which were posted up on the screen, this is how it went:

What are y'all thoughts on the matchups I came up with for this tournament?

I took a good glance at it and It was as I suspected it'd be, classes didn't send in quantity but rather, quality fighters who had a chance and were confident in their abilities. I took a good look before noticing two surprising names, both generated from my old class, class C. Firstly, Koenji was actually participating and two, Hirata? What was Horkita thinking? It was probably a gamble they took but it seems like it won't pay off since Hirata is matched up with Hashimoto.

Oh? Was this a coincidence? My matchups had been in such a way that I would have to face both Ryuen and Koenji no matter what. My very first matchup was not an ideal one, being against the massive presence in the name of Yamada Albert. However once I got past that.. Koenji coming out on top against either Akito or Shibata was given and I'd have to face Ryuen after defeating Yamada Albert. I would most certainly have to face off against Koenji in the semi-finals matchup. I questioned who made these matchups, was it really by coincidence that I would be having to face Albert, Ryuen, and Koenji? They're amongst the top physical presences at this school but still, are no match for me.