}1{ - The Snow & Snow

She would say she'd awoke to the sun, shining through the curtains, but it had been a cloudy and cold day.

Instead she had awoken to a nightmare- one that took quite awhile for her to cope with.

There was no going back to sleep after that.

She stirred, before moving to get up.

"Five more minutes..." Peeta grumbled, attempting to pull her back.

"You say that every morning." Livia chuckled, slipping from his grasp.

The air was brisk against her warm skin- producing a sheet of goosebumps over her body.

Livia moved towards the cedar dresser, tugging open the door, before plucking out a pair of pants.

She slipped them on as Peeta sat up, running a hand through his hair- still working off his morning grogginess.

Livia moved towards the closet before throwing a sweater over her head.

"Where are you going?" Peeta questioned.

"Out", Livia answered, "It's our last few hours of freedom and I'm not about to spend them in bed with you."

Peeta put a hand to his chest, "I'm wounded."

Livia chuckled as she placed a knee beside Peeta and swung herself onto the bed to straddle him.

He brought her closer, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"Besides", Livia started as she pulled away, "It's not like we aren't going to be doing exactly this the entire tour. It'll be just you and me."

"Yeah, and Haymitch and Effie, the prep team- Cinna and that's just from my district." Peeta huffed.

"Are you being dramatic about this all because that one time Haymitch walked in on us?" Livia snickered.

"Yes! He hasn't looked at me the same since." Peeta pouted.

"Oh no, he actually looks at you like you're capable of pleasuring a woman, poor you." Livia teased.

Peeta only pushed her off, causing her to fall onto the bed beside in- in a ball of laughter.

"How about you stay and I make it worth your wild?" He offered with a smile as he moved to hover over her.

"You need to get out and touch some grass." Livia jeered before sliding out from under him.

"Do something productive", She suggested, "Like shower- you're starting to smell."

Livia ran her fingers through her hair and straightened out her sweater as she moved for the door.

"Just- be careful." Peeta muttered.

Livia knew the feeling- maybe all the victors did- the feeling that every moment could be the last.

It was a hard mindset to crack and it was something that clung to Livia everyday- being so far from her family and all.

"I always am." Livia retorted.

As she exited the room though, she saw Peeta roll his eyes.

She was excluding the time she got caught in a snare trap, just outside the fence.

Every other time she was careful.

That was how she met Gale.

Of course the boy made sure to never let her forget it- and neither did Peeta apparently.

Gale was one of those people that, when you met, clicked like family- he acted more like a brother.

Gale was truly the definition of tall, dark, and handsome.