}11{ - Bonnie & Twill

A mockingjay.

Like Livia's pin.

It made no sense to her. It was unlike the stylish renderings she's seen in the Capitol, this was definitely not a fashion statement.

"What is it? What does that mean?" Livia quizzed, still prepared to kill.

"It means we're on your side." A voice said from behind Livia.

Livia didn't see her when she came up, meaning she must have been in the house.

Livia doesn't, however, take her eyes off her current target.

The newcomer is most likely armed, but Livia was betting she wouldn't risk letting her hear the click- that would mean Livia's death was imminent, knowing she would instantly kill her companion.

"Come around where I can see you." Livia order.

"She can't, she's-" began the woman with the cracker.

"Come around!" Livia shouted.

There's a step and a dragging sound.

Livia can hear the effort the movement requires.

Another woman, or maybe Livia  should call her a girl since she looks about her age, limped into view.

She's dressed in an ill-fitting Peacekeeper's uniform complete with the white fur cloak, but it's several sizes too large for her slight frame.

She carried no visible weapon and her hands were occupied with steadying a rough crutch made from a broken branch.

The toe of her right boot couldn't clear the snow, hence the dragging.

Livia examined the girl's face- bright red from the cold. Her teeth are crooked and there's a strawberry birthmark over one of her chocolate brown eyes.

This was no Peacekeeper.

No citizen of the Capitol, either.

"Who are you?" Livia asked, warily but less belligerently.

"My name's Twill", says the woman. She's older- maybe thirty-five or so, "And this is Bonnie. We've run away from District Eight."

District eight- the uprising comes to mind.

"Where'd you get the uniforms?" Livia questioned.

"I stole them from the factory",  Bonnie explained, "We make them there. Only I thought this one would be for... for someone else. That's why it fits so poorly."

"The gun came from a dead Peacekeeper." Twill said, following Livia's eyes.

"That cracker in your hand. With the bird. What's that about?" Livia asked.

"Don't you know, Livia?" Bonnie appeared genuinely surprised.

They recognized her.

Of course they recognize her- her  face was uncovered and she was  standing outside of District 12 pointing a disc at them- Who else would she be?

"I know it matches a pin I have." Livia explained.

"She doesn't know", Bonnie said softly, "Maybe not about any of it."

Suddenly Livia felt the need to appear on top of things.

"I know you had an uprising in Eight." She started.

"Yes, that's why we had to get out." Twill said.

"Well, you're good and out now. What are you going to do?" Livia quizzed.