Why are you so annoying?

The two strangers walk in silence as they roam the empty halls. Too quiet that a certain knight is getting uncomfortable with it, it feels strange that the person he's with isn't striking any conversation. 

‘How odd,’ he thought to himself as he watched the male walking in front while he trails behind following him. Among the people he met, this was his first time meeting someone like Espresso. 

Or maybe not the first time, something about the other makes him think that this person might be someone he knew in the past. 

Quiet, calm, polite and looks exhausted 24/7. He does wonder if he gets enough sleep or even eats. Espresso does seem so slim compared to his body. The more he analyzes the other, the more he notices every small thing. The male seems to wear a lot of shades of brown and black which is a huge contrast to what he wears. He also noticed that Espresso has fluffy short hair, he wants to reach his hand out to pat it but…

Why would he even want to pat Espresso's head? 

He immediately snapped out trying to control himself, ‘Get a hold of yourself together! You must respect his boundari-’ 

“May I know why you keep staring at me?” Espresso stops his tracks as he looks over to Madeleine who's being a mess with his thoughts, looks like he was right when he felt something someone is staring at him, turns out it's just the light freak. 

Madeleine felt a shiver on his back when Espresso gave him that cold and stern gaze, did he make him mad? But other than that, he can finally take a closer look at the other's eyes. 

It's pretty…

Espresso starts to get more impatient and uncomfortable when the knight is staring at him again, is there something on him? 

“Well? You're staring again.”

“I apologize! I just can't help but mesmerize your appearance cause you look...beautiful.” 

He was taken aback by the sudden compliment, especially from a light magic-user. Rather than being flattered by it, he's more disgusted. 

“I appreciate it, but I would rather not receive any unwanted compliments, especially from you.” His words were like venom, no signs of hesitation of revealing how much he hated Madeleine already. Madeleine noticed this but that didn't stop him when he let out a rather...bitterly laugh which made Espresso confused from his reaction. 

“Haha! You're one quite scary professor huh? It feels like I almost didn't recognize you! But do mind you that you should be grateful that someone like me compliments you.” 

Espresso suddenly had the urge to throw this knight to the black hole seeing how arrogant he can be, “Well, that's because you don't know me.” 

Espresso begins to walk as he tries to ignore any of Madeleine's remarks who's now attempting to make an unwanted conversation. Every second has passed it feels like a living hell for Espresso, the knight won't just shut up. 

“You seem to know Almond, What's your relationship with him? Perhaps you two are friends? That seems fascinating! I am friends with him too! Why don't we become friends too?” 

In every word he spoke the more pain he's having in his head, he did not agree with this, the silence was appreciated but why is it so damn noisy now? 

“I will not be answering any questions, a silence would be much appreciated.” He lets out a stressful sigh as he checks his phone to check the time and it looks like he has 3 minutes left before the homeroom period is done. He can't believe he's late for the first time because of this noisy blond idiot.  

However, Madeleine doesn't seem to stop despite noticing that Espresso is more pissed than before, “Oh c'mon Essy! Loosen up a little, it's just me.” 

“I'm sorry what? Essy? Please refrain from calling me that. And with all due respect sir knight, I do not like dealing with someone like you.” Espresso keeps walking not gonna bother to face Madeleine right now, if he did he'll definitely punch the male in the face right now just to shut him up. 

Now that's way out-of-character for Espresso, he must remain calm even if he's with a walking disaster right now. He must keep his reputation and won't use any sort of violence just because he's annoyed. 

But it's tempting. 

He heard Madeleine sigh and didn't hear any single noise from him after, it looks like he finally made him shut up. He smiled at his own victory, enjoying every second of the peaceful silence. 

“Say, why do you always cover your right side eye?”

“For earthbread's sake…”