Why is it you?

A/N: Decided to cut off the chapters since this focus on Espresso's point of view, yes it was that long that it almost reached 4000 words.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Your majesty, don't cry! Please don't cry!"

"W-why would I cry?! You're just seeing things!"

"But I can see the tears, here I'll kiss it to relieve the pain away!"

"...Y-you'll do that for me?"

"Mhm!"

"...Espresso, just call me Espresso..."

The alarm of my phone suddenly rang as I immediately shot my eyes wide open forcing myself to wake up. A sudden pain from my head made me groan, it's still morning and yet I'm experiencing a lot of bad luck already. I slowly sit up trying to recall what happened last night, in the end, I can't still remember. I noticed that I wasn't wearing my glasses so my vision is a bit blurry, but I still have decent eyesight to see my surroundings. I'm just farsighted.

What just happened? I remember passing out in the bar and...

"Wait, why am I in my room?" Was the only thing I came up with, I made sure to look around to check if it really is and guess what? It is my room. Did Sparkling drive me home? Or is it Latte? Either way, I should apologize and give them thanks.

I stretched my arms getting off from my bed and as I tidied it up, I looked around for my glasses only to see it's on the nightstand which made me sigh in relief, at least it's not missing.

I glanced at my window and saw the sun was rising, it seems that I didn't wake up late. You see, me and Latte always wake up early so this is normal for us. But what bothers me the most is the dream.

What was that?

More like when and who was that, I don't seem to remember who the person is. This is the first time I dreamt something like that, usually it's blank or just plain weird.

Just thinking of it is enough to make my head hurt, I can't understand why I'm having headaches these days. Lack of sleep? No, I always do that and my head doesn't hurt at all. Maybe because of last night? Yeah, gotta be.

"Well, there's no point of just standing here and thinking, I should probably get ready for work."

------

A yawn escaped from my mouth as I went outside of my room after finishing my daily morning routine. This time I didn't wear my cloak though, I'll feel like suffocating knowing I got drunk yesterday and I need to wear something fresh.

Though there's still one particular thing that's still stuck in my head, it's the same dream. I know that dreams are supposed to be ignored and all but this dream is a bit different from the rest, it feels like a forgotten memory.

I just shake those thoughts away assuming that I might be overthinking it, for now just focus on apologizing to Latte.

Despite still not reaching my destination, I can smell the delicious aroma coming from the kitchen, the aroma you always wanted to smell every time you wake up.

Too distracted from the smell, I entered the room without realizing it and noticed Latte cooking our breakfast. Her back is facing me so I doubt she knew that I'm here, should I skip breakfast and just escape from her? Sounds like a good plan to be honest-

"I see that a certain drunkard finally woke up, how's sleep?" Scratch that she knows. I take a seat on one of the chairs as I look at Latte who's still busy cooking.