Chapter 3

Kiyotaka POV:******

"State your name and business, traveler!"

His voice echoed, no one dared to utter a single word. I looked to my left and see the girl in green in confusion.

So uh... this is Shen? also why is that sword glowing blue? I nudge her with my elbow which got her out of her daze.

She then whispered into my ear. "That's Shen's Arcane sword, don't worry, it can only damage ghosts and wraiths"

Is that so? I nodded back and faced the so-called Shen.

"Uh...Uhm, My given name is Kiyotaka and my family name is Ayanokouji"

I purposefully introduced my first and last name because I don't know how the people here present themselves.

"As for the other question, I was traveling to see some majestic sceneries. I heard that this place has an amazing culture and food" I said trying to sound ecstatic.

Shen: I apologize for inviting you in such a manner. " he said while lowering his arcane blade.

Kiyotaka: I don't mind.

Shen: How can I make it up to you, hmm?

I pondered what I should do, ask for money? I don't know how to use this world's currency yet. Oh, I know... Information.

Kiyotaka: Maybe a spare room for the next couple of days? I still haven't visited the wonderful views yet."

I can get information through the people, so I need to stay here for at least a week. If he accepts then the only problem will be food and clothes.

Shen: I can arrange a room for you" he signaled one of the ninjas and they went out, probably to find a room for me to stay in.

Shen: Now that that's taken care of, I would like to have a private chat, if that's okay with you."

A private chat? Do you mean interrogation?

Kiyotaka: Sure, I don't have anything to do anyway.

Shen: Great! now scurry along little ones." he commanded towards the group of ninjas behind me. Surprisingly the girl didn't leave.

Shen: Would you like to stay and listen, Akali?

So her name is Akali, I'll take note of that.

Akali: Yes.

The arcane sword quickly rose to the air and glowed even brighter.

A transparent barrier instantly enveloped the three of us.

Shen: Speak, Kiyotaka. What are the actual reasons you are here?" He said with an amused expression.

Kiyotaka: I just told you didn't I? Traveling"

Shen: Yes, yes. between worlds I presume?

The inside of the barrier immediately turned cold. I had a serious expression and so did Akali, while Shen stood there with a nonchalant look. Waiting for my answer she slowly walked towards me, I put up my guard and looked around the sanctuary finding the best possible escape route if things go sour, all the while finding openings Shen made.

Shen: Relax, Kiyotaka. I apologize for the intrusion"

Tch... this is not good. Think Kiyotaka! use that supercomputer brain of yours! But no matter what strategy I put up, it wouldn't work. Shen has no openings. I glanced at Akali only to be ignored, she was lost in thought.