Chapter 9

A/N: Nyahello! Me bored, help.

\(TwT)/

Time skip~~~(~°π°)~

I watch the worm wriggling its way up from the sand.

Its fronded head sways this way and that as it tastes the air, sensing the ewer of water I keep by my bedside amid the pile of scrolls, bone styluses, and ink pots. The water is two days old, gritty with dust from a well that is dry more often than not—but the worm won’t care.

I admire its courage, emerging from its home beneath the sand before a creature hundreds, if not thousands, of times its size. It must surely know I could crush it beneath my shoed foot, but it has no fear of me. A hair-fine tongue emerges as the worm eases itself through the hole in the threadbare rug covering the sandy floor.

I pour a small amount of water onto the ground near the worm before strapping my belt that now had tools around my waist. It hangs loose over my hips, and I fear I may need to use my awl to punch another hole in the leather. The food I have is not plentiful, and if the trade merchants do not pass our way, we will go weeks with our meager supplies strictly rationed.

I leave the worm wriggling happily in his little pool, pleased to have been able to help him survive. Every living thing deserves its chance to exist. I am reminded of the white room, a mendicant preacher who passed through my house last year back in Ionia told me that even the smallest creatures are part of the Great Weaver’s plan. I have no knowledge about this Great Weaver. But, I agree with him, the children inside the white room should've been given a chance. That place discards life like garbage. But, I don't hate it nor like it, I am neutral towards it. Maybe they could've been my friends if they survived.

I wonder what future they could've had.

I head outside, feeling the heat of the day even though the sun is still to fully rise. The sky is a velvety blue, a few stars still glittering in pleasing patterns above.

A gust of cold air disturbs the hard floor's dust that swoops in playful spirals along the stone ground The wind carries the smell of something foul, like spoiled meat or rancid milk, and I wonder if some wild animal is lying dead somewhere nearby.

Kenethet, that is the name of the place I am in right now. 500 nautical miles away of the coast of Bilgewater and an outer region of Shurima(I made up the distance since I don't know). Together with Nouria who I met on the ship who happened to be Xolanii herself(Xolan is a place in shurima along with Kenethet) Going back to Noxus the ship circled around Bilgewater to Shurima. Thus dropping us off here. She said something about continuing the work her family left her with.

You're probably wondering what happened when I landed majestically on the vessel on right?

Sigh...

fine, I'll tell you on the  way.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kiyotaka Pov****

YO"

What's with this atmosphere? Awkwardly lowering my hand I ask "Uh- Did I interrupt something?"

"Yes, I was about to tell them the truth and set them free." the creature that was surrounded by flying undead spoke.

Gesturing towards the open door on the side I suggested"Should I leave then?"

"A soul who doesn't fear death! Oh how long I have been waiting to meet you!"