chapter 5

Kiyotaka POV*****

Lath Rean Oune Vi...

"What do you mean?" I questioned

"It's nothing dear..." She said gesturing me to sit.

I sat down on the wooden chair, it wobbled.

"So, how exactly can you tell me about my future?"

She then took out a deck of cards from the shelves behind her.

Sitting back down she scattered the cards face down on the medium size table.

Tarot cards? will she perform cold reading? The last time I had my future read I got stuck in an elevator with Ibuki. sigh... I wouldn't want another similar situation to occur again.

"Are these tarot cards?" I said while examining the intricate designs they had on the back.

"I don't know what you mean, boy"

"Oh, it's nothing... "

She nodded and adjusted her sleeves back.

"So, how exactly will you determine my future?" I couldn't help but ask.

"My, my. I do not determine your future, I am just someone who can tell you how "many" you have." She took off her cloak and I could now see her face, she had a look that experienced the vicissitudes of life.

"Ok, so what do I do?"

"For now, tell me about yourself," she said as she neatly arranged the cards on the table. 22, I counted in my head.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, 17 years old. I left my village to explore the vast world."

"Ayanokouji, you may call me Dhara, Ionia speaks through me. I will now start "

As soon as the words left her mouth the room was getting darker even though there's a huge gap in the ceiling above. The sun was blazing outside, but right now the room was devoid of any form of light.

5 seconds have passed...

10 seconds have passed...

I was lost in thought and didn't notice my surroundings. Spots of lights were appearing from nowhere. But this time it was different, not just blue lights but red, green, brown, and purple were now floating around us.

"Interesting..." She muttered, I could barely make out the words.

"What is it?" I ask

"You don't have the affinity to wield mana correct?

"Yes" Where is she going with this? does not having mana a bad thing?

"But you can see the floating lights?"

Now I get it, if you don't have mana inside, you can't see it. but I can see it though?

sigh

Will this bring me trouble? I don't want my peaceful time here to be taken away.

After answering a grin immediately formed on her face. I feel ominous vibes from this.

"An enigma indeed.."

"Sae Eleisa Tera Vi..." (Btw, This is ancient Ionian dialect, which means to discover )

She then Chanted in a language I don't understand and we got to business. The particles of light gathered on her right hand, quickly swiping it above the table full of cards.

All of the cards radiated all types of colors. and judging from Dhara's look this is not supposed to happen, I think.

She looked shocked, Sweat began to slide down her face. A few seconds later she now wore a serious expression.