[3] Pack Mentality

"You're not going to go away again, are you?"

♰ ♰ ♰

Isabel walks through the school hallway with Allison, trying to help brainstorm for a date idea for her and Scott. She told Allison about Stiles' confession yesterday in the hospital, and Allison gushed about how they can double date.

Isabel jokingly hit Allison's arm. As they turned the corner, Allison drops her books as someone runs into her. Allison lets out a shocked gasp and begins to pick up her books with the help of Isabel, who quickly chased after a loose paper that went flying. Allison looks up to see Scott and laughs.

"You scared the hell outta me." She breathes out.

Scott lets out a relieved sigh, before helping pick up the books. "You're okay." He murmurs and Allison laughs.

"Once my heart starts beating again, yeah. What?" She asks, realising he was staring. Scott shakes his head, helping Allison get to her feet as Isabel returns the rogue paper.

"I'm just happy to see you." He gives a lopsided smile. The speaker rumbles to life above the students.

"Attention, students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night on one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

Allison smiles at Scott, before hooking Isabel's arm to head to class.

"Save us a seat at lunch?" Allison asks. Scott nods and watches the pair walk away.

♰ ♰ ♰

"No, you're not cancelling, okay? You can't just cancel your entire life. We'll figure it out." Stiles says to Scott, as they sit at a lunch table. A strawberry blond approaches and takes a seat next to Scott.

"Figure what out?" Lydia questions and the two boys stare at Lydia baffled and worried that she had heard too much.

"Just, uh, homework." Scott lies.

"Yeah," Stiles agrees, before leaning closer to Scott. "Why is she sitting with us?" Stiles asks, but before Scott can respond, a group of students approaches.

Allison takes the seat on the other side of Scott and gives him thanks for saving the seat. Isabel approaches from the other side and takes a seat next to Stiles and opposite Allison. Stiles turns at the sound and looks up in awe.

She gives a beaming smile as she sits next to him and begins to eat. Stiles cannot pull his eyes away. Jackson approaches behind one of the other guys from the lacrosse team.

"Get up." He demands.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" He huffs. Danny snickers.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." Danny answers and Isabel scrunches her face at the comment. "So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar." Danny changes the subject, sat on the other side of Stiles.