[10] Co - Captain

"I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life

"I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life."

"Stiles?" Scott calls out among the cheers of victory. The lacrosse team excitedly jumps and shouts as they enter the school. "Stiles! Has anyone seen Stiles? Stiles! Has anyone seen Stiles?" Scott repeatedly shouts, trying to get everyone's attention.

He pauses in the sea of lacrosse players and bumps into someone. He turns to see Allison. They share a smile in the loud atmosphere.

"Uh, you were - pretty awesome out there." Allison giggles.

"Thanks. You too." Scott breathes out, before shaking his head. "I mean - that's not what I meant."

"No, no, I - did some pretty awesome cheering. You can thank me." Allison jokes and Scott gives a small smile.

"You did?"

"Totally. I went from, "go, team, go, to "defense, defense," without a - a breath. I brought my A-game." Allison laughs before another member of the team comes up, shouting at them about making it to state.

Scott stares him down, scaring the guy and making him leave. He looks up to see Allison leaving with her father.

"Oh, isn't that just heartbreaking?" Jackson teases. "Gosh, I bet it causes a lot of sleepless nights. You know what, though, McCall? I actually sympathize, which is why I'm gonna make this mutually beneficial. You give me what I want - and, uh, I'll help you get her back." Jackson smirks. Scott looks at him confused.

"What?"

"Well, three days makes it just in time for the winter formal. Uh, think about you taking her instead of me. And also think about all the things you have to do to get her out of some tight little dress by the end of the night. See how this could work out for everybody? Three days, McCall. Have fun." Jackson leaves after patting Scott on the cheek patronizingly.

After having a shower in the locker room, Scott returns to his locker that contains his clothes.

"By the way, McCall - Apology accepted," Danny calls from the other side of the lockers. Scott looks at him confused.

"I didn't apologize."

"Every time you got the ball tonight, you passed it to me." Danny points out and Scott gives a slight shrug.

"Every time I passed the ball to you, you scored," Scott noted. Danny gives a smile, pulling his backpack over his back.

"Apology accepted." Danny finishes before leaving Scott in the locker room on his own. As Danny leaves the lights shut off.

"Danny?" Scott asks, moving toward the light switch. He flicks it back, but the lights remain off. He turns to see a lacrosse ball rolling out from the showers.  "What the hell -" Scott mumbles before slowly moving around the corner to where the ball came from. He gasps as he sees Derek. "Thank God! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" He exclaims, behind him Peter moves out from the shadows, holding a lacrosse net.