[18] Ice Pick

"Empaths are absorbers, not observers

"Empaths are absorbers, not observers."

In the gymnasium of Beacon Hills High School, a class of students stands around the rock climbing wall that Coach Finstock had set up.

Isabel stands in the crowd watching as Scott and Allison climb the wall together, listening to their conversation. Besides her stands Stiles, who watches her with hidden concern behind his eyes for the girl that had spent the weekend with Derek.

He notices her skin glowing, her hair seemed longer and more luscious. Everything about her was amplified after she somehow activated her werewolf side.

Derek had taught the now were-witch everything he knows and begged her to stay with him and Isaac to further train her, she disagreed and returned to attempt to retain a semi-normal life as a high-school student.

"It had a tail. I don't have a tail." Scott softly speaks to the huntress climbing next to him, mentioning the creature they saw at Isaac's.

Allison smirks at Scott. "Maybe you just haven't grown it yet." She laughs to herself.

Scott gives her a look before focusing on the wall in front of him.

"I'm not growing a tail- ever." He breathes out. Allison climbs ahead of the wolf, before stopping and watching him climb. Scott looks up confused. "Are you slowing down for me?"

"I was waiting for you." She defends with a smile, Scott quietly laughs.

"What? Waiting for me to catch up?"

"You looked like you were struggling," Allison smirks.

"Maybe I was admiring the view?" Scott jokes, leaning back to check out Allison from behind.

"Try admiring from afar." She beams, before continuing up the wall and leaving Scott below watching.

She thinks that is the case before she looks up to see Scott smirking at her from above and she gives him a look of disbelief. Scott watches her smugly as Allison looks at him annoyed. She uses her foot to push Scott's foot off of the support, causing him to fall.

The wire catches him before he smashes to the floor and then releases him to the ground where he takes a deep breath. Allison softly laughs to herself from above as the class laughs at Scott. Coach takes a seat next to where Scott lays on the protective mat and laughs in his face.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." He starts to laugh again, "Right?" Allison finishes her climbing and pushes herself off of the wall as she and Scott remove their gear. "All right, next two! Stilinski, Isabel, let's go!" Coach shouts as Stiles turns to Isabel with a huge smile, escorting her to the gear with a hand on her back.