[27] Party Guessed

"No matter how much you run from each other, you will always end up together

"No matter how much you run from each other, you will always end up together."

Lydia awakes from her nightmare, bed covered in soil as the tears leave her eyes. She shuts her eyes closed, hoping it was all a dream but re-opens them to see the dirt and soil covering her bed.

She rushes out of bed, quickly making her way to Isabel's room as she tried to keep her breathing under control. She pushes the door open and freezes as she sees Peter lay next to Isabel as she slept in her bed peacefully, blissfully unaware.

"Leave her alone." Lydia tearfully forces out, putting on a brave face.

Peter smiles as she speaks, gently dragging his hand down Isabel's cheek just like he used to.

"Unfortunately, I can't. At least, not yet." Peter tells the crying girl. Lydia closes her eyes.

"Are you real?" She whispers, reopening her eyes to see him still there. She tries to tell herself it's just in her mind.

"Interestingly, that question can also be answered, "not yet." I promise everything's going to get back to normal, Lydia." Peter tells her, moving away from Isabel on the bed and moving toward Lydia. "All that you have to do..." He raises his hand, dragging his claws down her cheek in a caress. "...is every single thing I ask."

Peter digs his claws into Lydia's cheek, causing her to yelp in pain. Isabel tosses in her bed at the sound but doesn't awake. Peter takes Lydia's hand and escorts her down the stairs.

"Timing is key here, Lydia. It all needs to happen by the next full moon. Do you know what they call the full moon in March?" He asks, releasing her hand as he reaches the last step.

Lydia looks down at her feet, feeling coldness against them and gasps in horror as she watches worms crawl across her feet. Lydia quickly looks away and holds back her scream as she scrunches her eyes shut in disgust.

"It's called the Worm Moon. They call it that because it's the last full moon of winter, and the worms would literally crawl out of the earth as it thawed." He tells Lydia, turning to face her and show her his face; covered in worms and dirt. "Kind of has the feel of a rebirth, doesn't it?" He takes her arm, placing it through his as he directs her to her living room.

"But the full moon is on Wednesday... That's my birthday." Lydia shakily tells him.

"Exactly!" Peter breathes out.

Lydia looks out of the French doors to outside to see the party in full swing. She watched as she serves drinks to everyone and her breathing hitches in confusion.

"And Lydia's birthday is always the party of the year, isn't it? Everyone wants to go to this party... so, we're going to make it a very special party." Peter grins.