[19] Empath

"Be brave

"Be brave. Stay strong. We need all hands on deck."

Stiles uses the keys to open the lock on the door of the ice rink. Scott gives a smile as he watches his best friend open the doors for them all and turn the lights on, revealing the ice rink ahead of them.

Allison rushes in, grabbing Scott's hand as she giggles and drags him off. Stiles grins at the Martin cousin's, Lydia enters first giving Stiles an impressed look before heading in to catch up with Scott and Allison.

Isabel trails behind before standing with Stiles who watches her with a beaming smile. She grins back up to him, before gently grabbing his hand and following behind the three others to get their ice skates.

They take their skates up to the stands as Isabel continues to try and find herself a pair she liked. When they were younger, and Lydia would do figure skating together so they were well acquainted with the ice.

She looks over to see Stiles and Lydia sitting together and grins at the sight. Lydia had become a lot more accepting towards Stiles, knowing how much he meant to her younger cousin.

"Could it be any colder in here?" Lydia complains, tightly knotting up her skates.

Stiles pauses for a moment before digging into his bag. He pulls out an orange scarf that he had brought just in case.

"Here." He offers but falters as he watches Lydia's face crumple in disgust.

"I'm wearing blue. Orange and blue? Not a good combination."

"But it's the colors of the Mets." He trails off, offended.

He shakes his head, knowing he had to get along with Lydia because she was Isabel's family. He puts the scarf back into his backpack and looks at the bag of Reese's he brought.

He holds the bag of chocolate up to Lydia as she turns, giving him a look before taking the chocolate and beginning to unwrap it. He thinks for a moment before trying to start a tactical conversation about himself and Isabel.

"Okay, um, maybe orange and blue is not the best, right, you know... Um, sometimes, there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination, end up turning out to be, like, a perfect combination. You know? Like, two people together... who nobody ever thought would be together ever..." He tries to explain, hoping to get Lydia's approval. Lydia pauses for a second.

"No, I can see that," Lydia responds thoughtfully.

"You can?" Stiles asks, shocked.

"Yeah." Lydia nods, before looking over at Scott and Allison. "They're cute together." She obliviously comments.

"Oh, yeah... them..." Stiles comments glumly.

"Cute." Lydia smiles, taking a bite of chocolate.

"Cute. Adorable." Stiles sighs.