[5] PTSD

"You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it

"You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it."

♰ ♰ ♰

"Girls, there's a Stiles here to see you." I hear Aunt Natalie call quietly as she opens the door to Lydia's room.

We refused to be apart, too afraid of what we saw. The doctor's prescribed me a strong pain medication as I had a severe concussion.

"What the hell is a "Stiles"?" Lydia asks, slightly slurred.

The doctor gave her medication for the stress that the incident caused. I couldn't even lift my head because the pain medication makes me feel so out of it.

"She's uh, took a little something to ease her nerves. You can - you can go in. Um, Isabel is on very strong pain medication, so I don't know if you will get much out of her." I hear quietly in the back, I slowly turn to face the doorway, slightly lifting my body. Aunt Natalie sees this, "Take it easy, honey." She begs.

"Thanks." I hear a male voice say.

Did Aunt Natalie say something about the tiles? I look up as I feel something move on the bed next to me. A boy with a buzz cut sits there with the most adorable button nose, beautiful hazel eyes scanning over my face. Oh, Stiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask quietly, taking a hold of his hand. Stiles gives a sad smile in response, and I watch his eyes rake across my face.

"I was just making sure you were okay." He answers softly, he quickly glances over at Lydia but she is already back asleep, her warm hand on my back tells me she is still there. "Well- uh, both of you." He corrects, stumbling over his words.

"Why?" I question, looking into his eyes.

They were a lovely whiskey brown, and I can see them swirling in the dim lights of the room. Why are they swirling?

"Because I was worried about you. How are you feeling?" He mumbles softly as he moves a piece of my hair behind my ear. I give a smile, feeling myself moving into his touch.

"I feel -" I pause, forgetting what I was about to say. "Fantastic."

"Oh." He laughs. He reaches over to the bedside, leaning closer to my body giving me the scent of his aftershave. I see an orange bottle in his hand as he retreats.

"Wow," He whistles. "What-" he pauses, staring into my eyes, "I bet you can't say, uh, 'I saw Suzy sittin' in a shoe shine shop' ten times fast." He jokes and I stare at him for a second, processing what he said.

"Bet taken." I agree, moving to sit up slightly. Stiles notices and grabs my waist gently, before helping me get comfortable. I clear my throat, "I saw Shuzy-" I try, but fumble over the words. Stiles has a smile on his face as he watches. "I shaw-" I attempt again, "I saw-"