Chapter 6

Alex's Pov

As the weeks went by my life at ANHS was relatively boring, I managed to introduce myself to a few people in class but I wouldn't call myself friends with any of them. My tutoring with Sae-sensei have been going well but I think I will have to hire her again next month; I don't want to just be able to pass the midterm but I want to be at the same level as the smarter kids in my class so I can do goo for the rest of my time here.

During class I noticed a few things, whether I have a cognitive bias or not I get the feeling Ike has been paying attention to classes more then he did in cannon. Since the books didn't really go into details like "Ike listened to classes for an average of 2/6 classes a day" I don't really know if he is doing more but I feel like he is. Either way I am slightly happy about it because on the first quiz he gets a 24 and even Yamauchi gets a 27, hopefully with the time he has spent learning he can get at least a 30.

This might sound like a stupid and irrelevant thing but to me it is a pretty important step in the right direction for him, if he is at least willing to try to get smarter and improve then he will. By proxy of him paying attention a little more he doesn't talk constantly in class, specifically as much about perverted stuff. He still says really inappropriate stuff that earns him glares but instead of being daily it is more like bi-weekly. It is kind of funny when he tries to be aloof but overall I am happy with the slight changes I induced in him.

Class D is still going to get 0 points so I will still win my bet with Kiryuin-senpai, I have been napping in class a decent amount.

Being in the world has been really interesting, I have picked up on some idiosyncrasies of my classmates as well. Like Maya Sato clicks he pen when she is talking about drama with other girls and Matsushita likes to put her feet forward and use her legs to pull up her chair slightly when she gets bored of classes. In all honest, both of these "quirks" are pretty annoying to me but it is information that really makes me think of them as real people instead of characters from a book.

In many stories where this sort of thing the main character says things like they are "inside a book" or "inside an anime" but I am without a doubt in real life. I think the world you are in is the real world even if it is different than the one you were in previously. I am without a doubt Alexander Smith and he is me, whether I can go back to my old life or not is irrelevant because I am no longer the person I was.

Sure I miss my family and friends but I do not have control over the fact that I was transported here so I wont cry and be sad about it. This entire ordeal has given me a massive opportunity for an amazing chance to improve myself, whether I live in this world for the rest of my life or am sent back after graduation does not change the fact that what happens here will unequivocally make me a more complete person.

Today is May 1st and I am extremely excited for today, we took the quiz a few days ago and I am sure I placed in the 70s in everything and the 30s or 40s in Japanese History. I didn't do as well as I could because I do not wanna be tutoring my classmates no matter what.

As expected we didn't receive a single point today, I will have to talk to Kiryuin-senpai today at lunch to collect my money. After paying to be tutored last month plus buying things like clothes and food I only have 1,700 points left so I will really be depending on senpai for those points and for them to last me the next few months.

I made my way to school normally, without talking to anyone on the way. Over the last month I have made a variety of plans and ranked them with certain criteria like viability and difficulty, nothing in the story should have changed yet because Arisu hasn't become a player yet but I cannot know for certain.