epilogue.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

park sunghoon wasn't going to live in fear anymore.

today, he spoke in class. today, he got a boyfriend. and today, he was going to confront his dad.

he used to have a good relationship with his father. it wasn't all as bad as it is now. maybe it would never be the same, but sunghoon wouldn't let it stay how it is now.

only weeks ago, sunghoon believed that talking only got him into a bigger mess. everything he said, everything he confessed, everything he cried always went against him. when be confessed to his crush, he lost him. when he came out to his father, he was disowned. when he fought back, he got hurt.

but not anymore.

now, park sunghoon had learned a valuable lesson. he learned that his voice matters. he learned that he has the power to speak up and defend himself, he has the right to be heard. even if it feels like it's all for nothing, at least he's staying true to himself.

plus, sunghoon thought long and hard about what he would say to his dad. he thought about how it would go and where their relationship would stand afterward. and he realized he didn't have anything to fear.

even if he ruined his relationship with his father, he wasn't alone anymore.

sunghoon had jay and jungwon, the couple that welcomed him into a home the first time they met.

sunghoon had jake and heeseung, who accepted him with open arms. and as a bonus, heeseung had even discovered for him that he had a soulmate.

sunghoon had little nishimura riki, who means well, even if he grew a bit possessive of his best friend at times.

sunghoon even had a second chance with an old friend, choi yeonjun.

and most importantly, sunghoon had kim sunoo. his reason to smile, his lifeline, his soulmate.

so to sunghoon, he finally could let go, let go of the worry that his father wouldn't accept him. if his father does disown him and render him a disgrace to the family, then was he ever truly a father? a father is supposed to love their child unconditionally, no matter what. losing his relationship with him wouldn't be a loss because there was nothing left to lose.

sunoo gave sunghoon's hand a reassuring squeeze, the two standing only feet away from the taller's front doorstep. "you got this, hyung. i'm right here."

"i know," sunghoon replied, lovingly memorizing every detail in sunoo's fox-like eyes. with a heavy sigh, he walked up to his front door in determination.

he didn't need to take another step before the door flung open, sunghoon's father at the other end of it. "who is he?" was the first thing out of his mouth.

sunghoon's mouth, however, ran dry. his words were caught in his throat, as he gripped the sides of his jeans anxiously.

not this time, sunghoon. don't cower away. you can do this.