CHAPTER 10.

EVA SCARLET.

Scene (on the wooden log beside the river.)

I was trying to strike an conversation between us when he practically snarls at me and i got feed up of his false accusations about me. "WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME SUCH THINGS IF YOU ARE GOING TO REJECT ME IN THE END. JUST DO IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE." i say.

Suddenly his hand touches my arm and he turns my body in a swift motion. He takes a step forward and pulls me in a hug, his face on my neck. "I am sorry, so sorry Eva. I don't know what I am feeling right now but I am sorry that I acted so harshly. You have every right to leave me, it will break my heart but I always want you be safe and happy. I hope he loves you enough to forget me." He whispers in my ears. I am too stunned by his actions this sudden change of emotions.

My wolf is completely silent and my mate thinks I want to reject him for some other guy. Before I could say anything to clear his misunderstanding, he jogs away and change in the wolf form mid run, shredding every single piece of clothing he was wearing.

I am all alone in middle of the forest, it's completely dark out here and the only source of light is moon shining above. My mind has stopped processing any new information, I just need some time to gather myself emotionally. I just slide my body down slowly to the ground and cry my heart out. I don't know what happened but I know it's all my fault. I am so clumsy that my mate left me all alone in the dark forest.

I lay their for some time I don't know for how long I have been here since Liam left me but I know what to do now my head is clear after all this crying, I have to clear this misunderstanding between us. Liam thinks I am dating Alex, I didn't even had a boyfriend before neither in high school nor in my med school. I have been sort of nerd my whole life, studying all those thick books to have better career but it somehow got entangled when I met my mate.

I get up, changed into my white wolf and followed the scent trail with only one thing in my mind. 'I need my mate back and clear this misunderstanding before it gets worse.' The trail led back the small motel beside pack house. It's a two story motel/ guest house. It is a part of properties owned by pack. Often guests visiting our pack stays here, it gives our guests some privacy and it is at walking distance from the pack house.

I change back in my human form and get dressed before I walk towards the entrance of the motel. I can feel he was in the parking area earlier as his scent is stronger there. I walk to the reception area and come across Tom, his actual name is Thomas but he goes by Tom. He is almost seventy years old and he is the care taker of the motel/ guesthouse.

"Hi, Tom I need your help." I say as I tap my fingers on the reception desk.

"Yes darling, I can book you a room or two if you want." He replies back with a wink.

"I need to find someone. He is actually guest in here. Help me find him please." I ask him pleadingly.

"Sweetheart definitely, For you I will do anything but don't tell Julie about it. She sometimes get jealous." He whispers. Julie is his mate and she is one of the sweetest person in the world. She used to tell stories to all children on Christmas Eve while Thomas played the role of Santa. He used to give me candies and ask me every time not to tell his mate Julie. I don't know they still do the Christmas thing or not. Those were such a sweet childhood memories. "What did you say his name was?" he asks.

"Liam. And do you still play Santa on Christmas?" I couldn't help but ask him. Christmas is one of my favourite holiday and spending time with Tom and Julie was one of the best moment of my life. Werewolf celebrate Christmas in sort of unique way. We led out a bonfire in the evening every year and celebrate till weekend. Every adult would stay awake all night, talking and playing silly games. It's one of the source of entertainment and fun for everyone. It also a good time to appreciate their family and love for everyone.

"Yes, I am not too old to be a Santa!" He reacts as if he somehow got offended by my question and types in something in his computer. After few seconds he says "Liam Knight, is what you are looking for?" I don't know his full name but it must be him so I nod in answer. "He just checked out just half an hour ago. He was in sort of hurry."

My heart drops a beat. Everything around me is a blur. I just don't know what to do. "Is there any other person named Liam staying here now." I ask hoping that my Liam is still here waiting for me.

"No, not at the moment. Liam before this Liam was at our motel two months ago."

"So, Can you tell me about his contact information. It's kind of important for me, you know." I say praying to Moon Goddess that Tom would give me something, anything about him, how I can contact him, meet him again.

"I am afraid I can't. Alpha Haden gave us the list of their visiting guest, who were staying here but he didn't give us their information."

"At least tell me which pack he was from." I ask getting frustrated at my self that I won't be able to meet my mate.

"And that is sort of information I can tell you." He says and my eyes widen in hope. "He is from Moon Knight pack." He hand me over the list where his name and pack name is written in bold black ink.

......

1.)LIAM KNIGHT. - MOON KNIGHT PACK.
2.) SAM KELLER. - MOON KNIGHT PACK.
3.)MARK HOLLAND. - MOON KNIGHT PACK.

............

It's my tenth chapter.
Hope you like it.
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\