Chapter Seven

Aria pov --_--

I push Dante away and rush out after Amara. I see her kiss Marco before rushing out. I walk to Stefano's frozen state.

"What the hell did you say to her!" I whisper yell.

"Well, I umm... Confronted her" He says with a still shocked face

"About what" I ask. I'm pissed.

Amara was obviously hurt, I could see it in her eyes. The way he reacted when she came, was unexceptable.

"My ummm, secretary saw us together and she warned me about her" He says.

"So you decided to listen to your secretary? The same one who's Elaina's ex best friend?" I scoff.

"Ex, as you said" he says.

"Are you stupid? She obviously wants to get close to Elaina again, and this is the perfect way for her to do so. She saw you together and decided to 'warn' you, cause obviously she told Elaina and you know that woman is obsessed with you since the media found out you have a child " I say.

He's really testing my patience. Can't he see how Amara looks at him and Marco? Men can be so blind.

He gives me a guilty look.

"What should I do now? I don't want to lose her." he says.

"What did you even say to her?" I ask.

"I told her I know she's a gold digger... And that she tried to wiggle her way into our lives... And that she may be lying about having a brother..." he says quietly.

"You accused her of being a gold digger!" I yell causing Marco to stir in his arms.

"Sorry but you're on your own. You can't accuse a woman of that Stefano" I say rubbing my eyes.

"Please Aria, please help me get her back" he says with a pleading look.

I sigh and nod my head.

"I'll try but you must know, it's gonna be hard for her to trust you again." I say.

He nods his head with puppy dog eyes. I pat his shoulder before turning to leave.

"wait!" he says.

"Mm?" I hum.

"Should I like... Go to her house to apologize?" he asks.

"No, she needs time. Don't go to her house" I say sternly.

"But what if she doesn't forgive me because I took too long to apologize?" he asks.

"Mmm, also true. You decide" I say.

I walk away before he can say anything else. I find my boyfriend stuffing his face with marshmellos.

"Your best friend messed up big time" I say.

"Mm?" he says with a full mouth.

I hit him behind his head and he drops the packet on the floor.

"Finish chewing marshmello!" I say.

He chews faster and swallows hard before holding his teeth in pain.

"I told you to stop stuffing your mouth with those things." I say.

He nods his head before wrapping his arms around me and placing his head in my neck.

"He called Amara a gold digger and accused her of lying about having a brother." I say.

"Stupid, dumbass" he mutters.

I smile and hug him tighter.

__________

Stefano pov

After dropping Marco off at my parents, I'm currently on my way to Amara's.

I feel so bad for accusing her of all those things. She's been nothing but kind to me and this is how I treat her. Fuck, I'm such a jerk.

I park in front of her house and stare at the dark windows. All the lights are off but I see a flicker in the living room.

I step out and stand around before walking up to the door. Ugh, I can't do this.

I jog down the stairs and go to my car.
I need a drink.

___

2am

Amara pov

I've never felt so humiliated in my life. I've been sitting here eating ice-cream and crying my heart out ever since I got back.

These romance movies are also not helping at all. I can't even sleep, despite it being past 2 am.

I thought he was different. He just listened to what other people said, instead of getting to know the real me. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.

I adore Marco. I also can't stop thinking about Stefano. His tall mascular body, he's beautiful grey eyes, his slightly tanned skin. He's perfection... But he's also a jerk. Right now, I just miss my brother so much.

Loud consistent knocking on my front door interrupts my thoughts. Nope, this is not how I die.

I quickly go to the kitchen and get a butcher knife before going to the front door. The knocking gets louder and faster.

I take a deep breath and unlock the door. I open it quickly and point my knife to the intruder.

"Woah woah woah, calm down Jamal" he says laughing.

He stumbles in my house and I sigh in relief before closing the door.

"What are you doing here Stefano?" I ask him.

"Look... I know I'm the last person you want to s-see" he says stumbling around.

Oh gosh, he's drunk. I can't deal with this.

I walk to the kitchen and put the knife back. Stefano stumbles in and stares at me with red eyes. His hair is messy, he's shirt is untucked and his fist and knuckles are red with blood.

"Stef, what happened" I ask concerned now.

"I was being a jerk. I shouldn't have believed a thing she said. You were nothing but kind and you're a woman with a big kind heart. I'm sorry for calling you a gold digger and accusing of lying about your brother. I know you don't have to forgive me right away, but I hope you will some day. I really, really like you Amara and I don't want to lose you. Marco has never been this close to anyone but me and it fills my heart with joy. Please forgive me Mara. " he ends.

He looks genuinely sorry and I can't believe he said all that while being drunk. And... Did he say he likes me?

"You really hurt my feelings Stefano. I'm willing to try to forgive you but I won't be able to trust you that easily again. I'm glad you realised your mistake. Now... Let's clean that hand of yours" I say giving him a soft smile.

He nods and I grab his hand leading him to my bedroom. I sit him on the bed and get the first aid kit.

When I come back he's laying on his back staring at the ceiling. I sigh before going over to him.

I lightly clean his wound and apply some ointment before wrapping a bandage over his knuckles. He turns his head and stares at my face as I finish wrapping his bandage. I lightly kiss his knuckles.

"You're so beautiful" he whispers.

"thank you" I say blushing.

"I'm sorry. You're too good for me." he says.

I smile before standing up. He smiles at me tiredly before dozing off.

I take of his shoes and lean down to kiss his head. He suddenly pulls me down and snuggles into my neck.

"Stay please. Don't leave me" he says sleepily.

I sigh and make myself comfortable on the bed. He nuzzles his head in my neck and I play with his hair. After a few minutes he lightly snores and I smile before closing my eyes.